CNBCAbu Dhabi, AZ
Full Time Job
Responsibilities The Abu Dhabi Bureau Coordinator provides general administrative support to the bureau employees, supporting the Middle East operations. Qualifications/Requirements Organising & managing the daily administration of the bureau including:
- First point of contact for all external matters including call screening, processing mail/post, meeting requests. Answer all incoming calls politely, skilfully and in an engaging manner, taking and distributing messages as appropriate.
- Receive and welcome visitors ensuring that prior to meeting all logistics are in place
- Be the first point of contact for building related issues such as maintenance/cleaning/vending, logging issues with the relevant party and tracking through to resolution.
- Control the stationery/supplies ordering for the business.
- Manage and record the intake and dispatch of all goods (courier packages, post and correspondence.
- Manage and update contact databases and email groups
- Liaise with CNBC EMEA EHS to ensure all policies, procedures and practices are compliant.
- Liaise with CNBC EMEA finance to coordinate and facilitate accounts payable.
- Focus on best practice planning to reduce costs where possible
- Liaise with News/Operations Desk on forward planning
- Log all sick days for newsroom employees in absence management system
- Liaise with HR Generalist on general maintenance/troubleshooting of absence management system.
- Coordination of travel arrangements and bookings: Book flights and accommodation via the BCD system, organise travel arrangements via trains/cars as required
- Manage last minute changes to travel requirements
- Assist with visa applications and annual press card applications
- Liaise with HR and IT for the set-up of new hires and freelancers
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND REQUIREMENTS
- Previous experience in a busy administrative role and ability to liaise with senior management
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to deal with a number of competing requirements concurrently, prioritising on a daily basis.
- Pro-active, confident, enthusiastic individual with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Exceptionally self-motivated, self-driven, focused individual
- Excellent MS Office skills
- Professional and discreet with an ability to represent the organisation
- Sense of humour is essential
- Ability to quickly understand the dynamics of the media business
The responsibilities associated with this position are not limited to the above description and may be modified at any time by the Company.