Winter Paid Intern - Community Affairs and Local Programming
CBS Television StationsSouthfield, MI
Full Time Paid Internship
This internship provides student interns the opportunity to gain experience in Community Affairs and Local Programming. Intern responsibilities may include the following activities:
• Production Assistant for our weekly Community Affairs programs
• Write scripts for weekly Community Calendars
• Write & research scripts/questions for Street Beat
• Write social media for Community Affairs
• Research and write community events for web sites
• Write website community content and/or blogs
• Video Editing: B-roll for community shows, Community Calendars, Web Exclusives
• Possible on-camera work for Web Exclusive content
• Production Assistant on Community Affairs EFP's (as needed)
• Write, Edit, and Produce local PSA's and assist with PSA production (as needed)
• Research potential topics for future programs or PSA's
• Run Studio Camera or Prompter for Production (as needed)
• Assist during station-sponsored Community Events (as needed)
• Assist Programming, Traffic, Creative Services, Sales and Marketing departments (as needed)
• Occasional clerical responsibilities (typing, filing, phones) may be required.
• Knowledge of Final Cut Pro or Adobe Premiere is a plus but not required.
• For this internship, students generally work from 9am-5pm three days a week, either a Monday-Wednesday-Thursday shift or a Tuesday-Thursday-Friday shift. Interns must be available on Thursdays for studio production. Interns interested in production/editing must also be available on Fridays.
• A cover letter must be submitted with the resume to be considered for an internship. Please include a local address.
• Currently attending an accredited college and have achieved junior or senior status. Students must be pursuing a communications-related degree.
• Must receive college academic credit.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Able to meet the minimum time commitment for the internship program (minimum of 20 hours per week) during normal business hours Monday – Friday.
• Must be computer literate, and have experience using MS Office applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Must present a letter from College or University verifying enrollment and number of credits to be earned if accepted in to our program.
• Knowledge of Final Cut Pro or Adobe Premier is a plus, but not required.
• Previous experience running a studio camera is a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled