Summer Paid Intern - Editorial
CBS InteractiveNew York, NY
Full Time Paid Internship
At CBSNews.com and our new streaming channel, CBSN, our editorial intern will have the chance to contribute to both our written and video coverage from our newsroom in New York City. The newsroom is shared by both CBSNews.com and CBSN, giving the intern a unique opportunity to get a broad look at our exciting and evolving industry.
The CBSNews.com editorial intern will report to the hard news desk to assist with updating coverage and ''swarming'' on breaking news. This includes contributing research to sidebars, producing photo galleries, and tracking down relevant video. Interns will also gain experience in broadcast and digital newsgathering, writing, segment production and spend time inside the control room during their time at CBSN.
The intern will also have the opportunity to work with each of the departments of CBSNews.com and CBSN.
• Contributing the occasional self-written and reported news item.
• Working in our current management system to publish stories from CBS broadcast sources and newswires, with an eye toward writing good headlines and subheads.
• Monitoring trends, competitor sites, and other sources to report to editors several times daily on stories that would be on interest to our audience.
• Editing, captioning, and posting video from feeds and other source material.
• A passion for writing and a team mentality
• Hunger for news and current events
• Familiarity with social media
• Video editing/camerawork a plus, as in proficiency in Final Cut Pro or Adobe Premiere
• Intern must be a student currently enrolled in an accredited college or university (Graduate Level Candidates ONLY)
• Must be at least 18 years old
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled