Summer Paid Intern - Digital Production - Inside Edition
CBS InteractiveNew York, NY
Full Time Paid Internship
InsideEdition.com is seeking an ambitious, self-sufficient student who is interested in learning about working in digital news. We are looking for someone who is passionate about human interest stories and who can identify trending and breaking news. S/he will find news online before any other media has covered it.
The intern would assist with day-to-day production and post-production needs across our editorial and video teams. Daily tasks might include assisting on shoots, archival research, pitching stories, chasing down video assets and securing and transcribing interviews. S/he would also get the opportunity to pitch at least one news project (including an article and video), which s/he would complete over the course of the summer.
Good Communication skills and a love for viral news stories are a must. Basic production and video editing skills are preferred (we use AVID and Adobe Premiere), but are not required.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Finding and pitching stories on a daily basis.
• Identifying and contacting people directly involved in stories to secure permissions for video and photos.
• Working within a CMS, as well as Avid and Photoshop, to help deliver stories.
• Keeping track of anniversaries for historical newsworthy events to plan features using archived content.
• Availability to be in the New York City office full-time for the duration of the 10 weeks.
• Student in print or broadcast journalism or related field.
• Solid knowledge of social media.
• Familiarity with AP style.
• Intern must be a student currently enrolled in an accredited college or university
• Must be at least 18 years old
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled