Video Producer, Pop Culture And Celeb
BuzzfeedLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
BuzzFeed Entertainment Group is looking for a creative, enthusiastic producer to work on our pop culture team. The ideal candidates have years of experience shooting and editing videos and can easily adapt to the changing goals and nature of BuzzFeed. Must be a native of the digital and pop cultural landscapes with intimate knowledge of the latest and greatest in social media and emerging technology/platforms.
This job requires working with producers and editors on videos in the entertainment world, as well as working with talent. This position is responsible for filming and editing these videos for YouTube, as well as adapting them for other social platforms. These videos can span across the pop culture sphere from videos about the daily happenings in the news to trying out the latest Kardashian trend, to interviews with actual celebrities. Our interviews with talent are lighthearted and fun - we'll often play games, have competitions, or try other outside-the-box ideas.
This position is a full-time position based in our Los Angeles office, available to start immediately. Must have a flexible schedule as working nights and/or weekends might be required.
• Film all videos with celebrity talent both in-studio and on-site at events
• Edit videos for YouTube, Facebook Instagram, Snapchat, and other distributed formats
• Create new formats and ideas, constantly iterating and brainstorming
• Assist with last-minute shoots and packaging content for social channels
• Tracking progress and looking at opportunities for growth
• A deep understanding of YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, and other platforms
• Ability to run a full video shoot on your own (pre-pro, audio, lighting, directing etc.)
• Proven experience in entertainment/pop culture videos and interviews
• Experience shooting videos in-studio and outdoor environments
• A genuine, wide-eyed love of pop culture in all its forms
• An interest in viral content and understanding how/why it spreads
• The ability to meet deadlines and stay organized
• A positive, curious, playful disposition (no haters)
• High proficiency in Adobe Premiere
• High emotional intelligence
• Can work well with others
• A competitive drive
To apply, send us the following:
• A cover letter explaining why would be a good fit for this role
• Links to any previous videos you've worked on or a reel
• Your resume
*Applicants will be asked to submit links to relevant past work*
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 19 cities around the world and more than 1500 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, and more. We fuse hard work and fun, through a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, and humble confidence. As an employee, you'll enjoy perks like office events, snacks, career development courses, and no work on your birthday! But most importantly, you'll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools and create content that helps connect people all over the world.