Video Producer/Editor, Lifestyle
BuzzfeedNew York, NY
Full Time Job
BuzzFeed Entertainment Group is looking for a creative and ambitious lifestyle video producer/editor who can create compelling, shareable, service-oriented content for the web and other digital platforms. Must be a native of the digital and pop cultural landscapes with intimate knowledge of the latest and greatest in social media and emerging technology/platforms.
The ideal candidate loves to experiment with short, fun formats that succinctly tell a story - whether it's a beauty tutorial or a food trend piece. This person should have good social intuition, who loves making content without having to be behind or in front of a camera, and knows how to trust data to crack success.
• Conceive, shoot, write, edit and produce lifestyle videos for BuzzFeed's Facebook and Instagram channels, as well as emerging platforms.
• Ability to produce videos quickly, experiment with lots of different formats, and be interested in analyzing the results of their work.
• Work closely with the BuzzFeed Lifestyle edit team to pitch and produce video components for the content they're working on.
• Collaborate with video producers to execute ideas on time and under budget.
• Proven experience and/or interest in covering a variety of topics including beauty, hair, style, food, DIY, travel, parenting, and health.
• Proven experience with all aspects of video creation (DSLR's, Premiere Pro, lighting, audio recording etc.)
• A passion for sharing lifestyle content that's entertaining and inclusive, but never prescriptive.
• The ability to think analytically about social sharing to create videos that are made to be shared.
• 3-5 years experience creating compelling, shareable video content.
• A competitive drive - you enjoy winning and really going for it.
• Ability to work in small teams as well as go off on your own.
• A positive, curious, playful disposition (no haters).
*Applicants will be asked to submit links to relevant past work*
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 19 cities around the world and more than 1500 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, and more. We infuse hard work and fun though a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, humble confidence, and infusing hard work and fun. As an employee, you'll enjoy perks like office events, snacks, career development courses, and no work on your birthday! But most importantly, you'll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools and create content that helps connect people all over the world.