BuzzfeedLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
BuzzFeed Entertainment Group is looking for a creative, adaptable, and resourceful Supervising Video Producer to work full-time out of our LA office, leading and managing one or more of our video teams. The ideal candidate will have management experience and a firm sense of what's widely shared on online video and social platforms.
This position is a full-fledged people manager and team lead for the video producers of one of our editorial teams. It entails managing direct reports as well as working closely with the writers, editors, social publishers, production, and other department team leaders. The ideal candidate has management experience and a deep knowledge and passion of internet social trends with an excellent creative eye and communication skills.
This job requires 5-7 years experience in video production and management experience. We offer competitive compensation and a stock option program.
• Lead brainstorms, mentor producers, and give effective and actionable creative notes and final approval on videos with team and stakeholders
• Observe viral trends on social platforms to make shareable and relatable content
• Schedule and run efficient check-ins and other meetings with the team
• Encourage new ideas and experimentation and celebrate success
• Guide and follow-up on their direct reports' career goals
• Set measurable performance goals and timelines for their team
• Understand strategic company priorities and how the team(s) supports and fits into these goals
• Identify and raise potential content improvements to the department head
• Able to lead growth and direction of the team and take ownership of the ideas
• Follow up on the team's successes and actively work to help the team succeed
• Assume a leadership and management role and collaborate with other team leads
• 5-7 years of experience with video production with people management experience
• Understanding of the digital landscape and a proven interest in keeping up to date with developments in web platforms and applications
• Knowledge of the online video ecosystem
• Native YouTube and Facebook user
• Interest in newer or emerging platforms (ex: Snapchat and Instagram Stories)
• Deep understanding of how to make shareable content for a variety of media
• Deep understanding of how titling and thumbnails can effect a video's performance
• Experience giving creative notes and workshopping creative ideas as well as giving effective technical notes
• Must have excellent communication skills
• Ability to handle multiple priorities
• No formal cover letters, please. Instead, include a few short paragraphs in your application explaining why you'd be a good fit for this particular position and what excites you about BuzzFeed Video. We'd also like you to share 3-5 links to BuzzFeed videos published within the last year that you think did really well, and explain why, and also what things you think BuzzFeed Video could be doing that we currently aren't.
• Attach a resume
BuzzFeed is a global media company that produces and distributes original news, entertainment and video. BuzzFeed is redefining online advertising with its social, content-driven publishing technology and reaches a global audience of over 200M monthly uniques and 6B monthly video views.