People Operations Specialist
Full Time Job
We are looking for a Specialist to join our People Operations team in our London office. Reporting to the Head of People Operations, this is a hands-on role where you will work across a variety of HR operational needs including benefits management, visas, relocation, project management, and people program execution.
We offer competitive compensation, benefits and an employee stock option program. Not to mention – a super collaborative work environment overflowing with perks ranging from snacks and drinks to no work on your birthday!
• Partner with People Team members to deliver high level of service and rapid response time to our employees and business as well our ability to provide great employee experiences
• Serve as point of contact for questions requiring benefits, employee moves, workers comp, leaves of absence, and other operations related issues
• Conduct new hire onboarding and orientation
• Monitor and improve processes to execute People Team Programs and workflow
• Maintain People Team section of company intranet
• Run reports out of Workday and use data insights to guide decision making and provide proactive solutions
• Complete administrative tasks related to the execution of local HR management including pension allocations, benefits enrollment, meal cards, coordination of employee data changes, maintaining personnel files, etc when needed.
• Track vendor relationships and partnerships as needed
• Participate in Ops team projects as required
• Background in HR operations and project management with a passion for service and creating processes that best serve the business and the employees.
• Experience handling a variety of employee-related issues including benefits, workers comp, leaves of absence, and relocation
• Must have strong organizational skills with attention to detail
• A self-starter who takes initiative and ownership of projects
• Excellent communicator who builds rapport and credibility with others easily
• Team player who thrives in a fast-paced and frequently changing environment
• Demonstrates strong HR sensibility and critical thinking
• Experience working with Workday
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 19 cities around the world and more than 1500 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, and more. We fuse hard work and fun, through a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, and humble confidence. As an employee, you'll enjoy perks like office events, snacks, career development courses, and no work on your birthday! But most importantly, you'll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools and create content that helps connect people all over the world.
BuzzFeed values diversity and is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. Job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.