BuzzfeedLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
The BuzzFeed Animation team is looking for Animators for the Los Angeles office, to start as soon as possible. We create animation for people to share and identify with that ranges from the serious to the cute to the crazy. We welcome artists who bring a sense of creativity, intelligence, and style. A sense of humor and timing is highly valued. Ideal candidates have a background in 2D animation, a love of animation and social media, and are excited to come up with new ways of storytelling and interacting with our audience. They can work independently as well as in a team, and can handle a fast paced environment.
Please apply if you would be interested in a 3-month freelance assignment that has the possibility of turning into a FT role at its conclusion.
• Come up with original characters and content for various platforms including Facebook and Snapchat
• Collaborate and be an active contributor to the team
• Create work based on current design trends as well as design styles past and present
• Adapt and share your style and workflow to fit team needs
• Adapt to new software and new ways of doing things that might be unusual for the industry
• 1 years professional animation experience
• Proficiency with Animate CC (Flash)
• Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (particularly Photoshop, Illustrator, AfterEffects)
• An active presence on social media
• Ability to sketch ideas quickly and clearly
• Ability to work independently and stay organized on multiple projects under a tight deadline
• Great collaborative skills - can take direction and willing to learn
• Active interest in and knowledge of current trends in web animation
• Proficiency with 3D or stop-motion a plus
• Video editing/sound/foley/music skills a plus
• Degree in animation a plus
• Submit your resume below
• Please include a link to a portfolio of your recent work -- no PDFs or Dropbox links, please!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 19 cities around the world and more than 1600 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, and more. We fuse hard work and fun, through a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, and humble confidence. As an employee, you'll enjoy perks like office events, snacks, career development courses, and no work on your birthday! But most importantly, you'll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools and create content that helps connect people all over the world.