Intern - Development
Bungalow Media + EntertainmentNew York, NY
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Bungalow Media + Entertainment is currently seeking eager and enthusiastic interns to join our team. Our interns play an integral role on our development team and are encouraged to participate in brainstorms, pitch their own ideas, and collaborate with other team members on creative projects. Qualified candidates will actively participate in the creation and development of scripted and non-scripted series for digital platforms, broadcast networks, and cable networks. This position will support every stage of the development process and all members of the development team. We are looking for a minimum committment of 2-3 days a week for at least three months starting in Jan 2018. Must be a current student and able to receive college credit.
• Has advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.), GoogleDrive, and is comfortable using both Mac and PCs.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Familiarity with social media marketing.
• Has basic research and data analysis skills.
• Takes an active interest in all aspects of non-scripted television development and production.
• Photoshop and video editing skills are a huge plus but not mandatory.
• Develop and pitch new show ideas.
• Attend weekly Development meetings and brainstorms.
• Provide Head of Production/ EP and Director of Development with research support.
• Identify stories of interest in broadcast and print media publications for both domestic and international markets.
• Manage Social Media platforms.
• Create end of day digest monitoring entertainment news from websites prone to Bungalow / non- scripted- Variety, The Hollywood Reporter, Deadline & Real Screen with top daily stories, executive moves, show acquisitions, major announcements, and new companies in entertainment.
• Shadow executives on production.
• Shadow development executives on casting Skypes for potential new shows.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online