Blue Sky StudiosGreenwich, CT
Full Time Job
Production Manager (Blue Sky Studios)
The Production Manager is responsible for managing the day-to-day production and crew. This role works closely with the Producer and Associate Producer overseeing the department schedules and deliverables to ensure the completion of production.
• Along with the Associate Producer and Producer, the Production Manager has the unique position of overseeing the entire production schedule and being able to balance and prioritize needs across all departments, with the timely and efficient delivery of the film being the ultimate goal.
• Oversee day-to-day/week-to-week production progress and have a clear picture of the completion of the film at all times.
• Ensure milestones and quotas are met and provide course-correction to the schedule as needed
• As departments ramp up, establish best practices and consistency for optimal operation for the duration of the show.
• Troubleshoot wherever necessary to ensure timely delivery of sequences, determine when sequence based schedules will be modified to meet efficiency or inventory demands.
• Drive continual awareness of opportunities for efficiency.
• Oversee and manage Production Supervisors and APM's. Provide mentorship and guidance.
• Responsible for the management of yearly performance reviews including giving regular feedback.
• Partner with Sr. Production Management staff on providing on-going crew assessments, feedback mechanisms and development plans to ensure growth opportunities for production management staff.
• Bachelor degree in related field or equivalent professional experience.
• 7 years of production management experience demonstrating strong career progression.
• Successful supervisory experience.
• Demonstrated experience and proficiency at using Microsoft office software: MS Word, Excel, Project etc
• Ability to multi task and adapt to changing needs.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate a team.
• Ability to thrive in an ever changing, shifting priorities environment.
• The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed
• by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities associated
• with it. Blue Sky Studio management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet
• business and organizational needs.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities associated with it. Blue Sky Studio management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs.