Blue Sky StudiosGreenwich, CT
Full Time Job
Modeler (Blue Sky Studios)
Develop and create 3D models and model geometry for the production of computer graphics-based animated feature films and shorts, using approved 2D designs and artwork.
• Use complex 3D digital animation software and other proprietary tools, coordinate and model characters, environmental elements, sets and props, in accordance with approved style guides and documented protocols for model construction and complexity, naming conventions and file structure, and adhering to materials, fur, cloth and rigging specifications.
• Learn and incorporate new digital modeling and sculpting technologies into 3D models. Work with Designers, Technical Directors and Animators to ensure that aesthetic, technical and production needs are addressed.
• Confer with Supervisor, Project Lead and/or Production Manager regarding work progress and 3D design issues to determine proper work direction and
• implement changes, if necessary.
• Learn and utilize basic principals of CGI Studio software and other animation/graphic design tools and workflows to incorporate ideas and techniques in the modeling process.
• Create clay and/or digital maquettes and expression sculptures for character design and development, as required.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Fine Arts, Computer Arts or related field
5 years of 3D modeling experience in CG animated feature films, shorts,
television, commercials and/or interactive computer games (or
alternatively, Master's degree or equivalent in Fine Arts, Computer Arts
or related field, plus 1 year of the stated type of experience).
ability in sculpting and/or other art-related areas. Proficiency with
major modeling/animation software, such as Autodesk Maya, and with
digital sculpting software, such as Pixologic ZBrush or Autodesk Mudbox.
• In-depth knowledge of the principles of animation and the film production process.
above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level
of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is
not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities associated
with it. Blue Sky Studio management reserves the right to amend and
change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs.
are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected
veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.