Full Charge Bookkeeper
Big Deal Music GroupEncino, CA
Full Time Job
The Full Charge Bookkeeper is responsible for computing, classifying and recording financial transactions to ensure the financial records of the organization are accurate. The candidate will also perform routine financial calculations and general ledger duties as well as checking the accuracy of calculations performed by other employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities including, but not limited to, the following:
• Accounts Payable, including obtaining approval for payment, invoice coding, invoice entry, check processing as well as gathering all information needed to enable payment
• Processing Expense Reports
• Minimal Accounts Receivable including invoicing and cash receipts
• General Ledger Account Analysis
• Checks figures, postings and documents for correct entry, mathematical accuracy and proper codes
• General Journal entries
• Cash Receipts including Maintenance of Cash Book
• Bank Reconciliations
• Maintain Accurate Records by Scanning and Filing
• Special Projects such as preparing specific schedules, generating and filing 1099's, and preparing other requested information
• Periodic Evaluation of Resources used in the Finance/Accounting Department and suggesting changes where needed
• Coordination of information needed as well as communication between our three offices located in Los Angeles, Nashville and New York
• Associate or Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance
• Related financial experience
• QuickBooks experience required
• Extremely detail-oriented and highly organized, with an ability to manage large workloads and prioritize demands
• Ability to work under the pressure of deadlines
• Self-starter work initiative and an ability to work independently and with a team
• Solid math skills and the tendency to think in an analytical fashion
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
• Excellent computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel in particular
Big Deal Music Group is an artist-driven independent media company that is dedicated to maximizing opportunities and services for its writers, publishers, clients and partners. Currently, our affiliated divisions include Big Deal Music, Big Deal Media, and Words & Music with offices in Los Angeles, Nashville, New York and London.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online