BerlinRosenNew York, NY
Full Time Job
New York , United States
BerlinRosen is seeking a communications professional and national TV news expert with 5+ years of experience and established contacts with national bookers and producers. The Media Strategist will lead on strategy development by building and managing a firm-wide broadcast media program to earn clients more TV coverage and serve as a go-to resource across practice areas. The position offers the opportunity to work with client teams to provide strategic, new approaches to breaking through the TV news cycle, developing packages, booking on-camera interviews and directly engaging with producers and bookers to build relationships.
A successful candidate will have experience working within a broadcast media organization, such as a network or cable channel, background in pitching and facilitating setup of interviews, spokesperson development, leveraging existing contacts and a commitment to staying on top of TV news trends as they emerge. You will have the unique opportunity to play a central role in a dynamic, growing firm and serve a diverse set of high-profile, progressive clients in the national public affairs practice. The client base includes leading national issue advocacy, non-profit, and philanthropy organizations focused on health care, energy and the environment, racial justice, LGBTQ, low wage worker advocacy, social impact and human rights.
We are committed to building and maintaining a diverse staff, and recognizes that its continued success depends on hiring and retaining high-quality, creative professionals with a variety of backgrounds and experiences. Qualified women, people of color, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply for this role.
• Established contacts with national TV bookers and producers at top-tier broadcast outlets
• Excellent news sense and deep knowledge of broadcast media landscape
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Proven track record of booking guests for national media outlets
• Enjoys working in a fast-paced, demanding environment, driven by breaking news
• Ability to handle multiple assignments at once, work quickly and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Attention to detail
• Familiarity with and interest in local, state, and national politics and a commitment and passion for progressive politics
• Enjoys working the phones and pitching stories
• Relationships with producers at local TV stations in New York and/or Washington, DC a plus
• Fluency in Spanish a plus but not required
• A sense of humor
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online