Part-Time Music Researcher
Part Time Job
Broadcast Music Incorporated (BMI) seeks team members who have a passion for delivering excellent customer service both internally and externally to those we serve. For 70 years we have been a global leader in rights management. We are an American performing rights organization that represents more than 800,000 songwriters, composers and music publishers in all genres of music and nearly 13 million works. We are proud to have the responsibility of collecting license fees from businesses that use music. We then distribute those funds (royalties) to the musical creators and copyright owners we represent. Without BMI and the work we do, many of those we represent would not be able to live their passion and get paid for doing so.
POSITION SUMMARY: Occasional part-time hourly work with hours ranging from 0-25 hours per week depending on availability of assignments. Work consists of music and market research in businesses in various states. Assignments include onsite research in businesses during late evenings, including weekends, and may require travel and overnight stay. Assignments also require completion of detailed reports following on-site visits.
LOCATIONS: AL, AR, AZ, CA (Los Angeles), Western IL, IA, MI, MN, MO, NC, NY (Rochester and Buffalo only), OH, OK, TX (Dallas/Fort Worth area), WI
FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
• Conduct in-person research in businesses as assigned.
• Complete detailed reports of music used in a business during in-person research.
• Recording of music performance(s).
• Photographing both exterior and interior of locations.
POSITION QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
• Must be 21 years of age
• Able to conduct on-site research in businesses during late evenings and weekends
• Available for possible travel and overnight stay
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Good communication skills, both written and oral
• Proficient in basic computer skills
• Strong time management and organizational skills
• Detail oriented