Executive Director, Royalty Analytics
Full Time Job
POSITION SUMMARY: This position will serve as the product owner over both Audio and Administration Service Distributions. Provide oversight and governance across the entire distribution supply chain from performance ID, funds management, quality control to the quarterly distribution processing and reporting for these segments. Demonstrate expertise in how BMI calculates and distributes royalties and be asked to provide continuous tactical and strategic decisions. Provide input in how to improve or enhance distribution practices in an evolving industry. Lead the Analytics team in delivering insights, analysis and other information to support various areas across the organization from an administration and distribution perspective.
FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
• Provide leadership, direction, and oversight of all activities undertaken by the Data Analyst and Administration Services Team to meet responsibilities for reporting and analytics.
• Provide oversight, direction, and support to the cross-functional distribution team to ensure an accurate and complete quarterly Audio and Administration Service Distributions. This includes, facilitation of the Quarterly Distribution Planning Meeting, Post Distribution Reflection Meeting, Digital Licensing Committee etc.
• Oversee team in providing key data, analysis and recommendations in support of license negotiations, affiliate acquisitions and other corporate initiatives working closely with Corporate Planning when applicable.
• Oversee team in development and maintenance of a growing suite of reports and dashboards that service the analytic needs of various groups across Distribution & Administration as well as the Creative team.
• Define, monitor and make decisions based on key metrics across the distribution supply chain to ensure complete and accurate distribution processing (i.e. id rates, missing funds, etc.).
• Work closely with the cross-functional International team to conduct studies and audit foreign revenues to identify opportunities to increase revenues.
• Build and manage relationships with writers, publishers, and administration service clients.
• Oversee continuous improvement efforts across the distribution supply chain. This includes monitoring trends, issues, and opportunities.
• Oversee efforts to conduct periodic distribution studies to ensure BMI maintains competitive and fair distributions. This includes modeling, impact analysis, and proposal delivery.
• Provide both tactical and strategic recommendations to improve BMI distribution methodologies for existing and evolving performance sources.
• Design and implement distribution solutions from inception through implementation for both BMI’s core business and Administration Services.
• Develop, lead and deliver distribution solutions for settlements, license fees without performance data or other special circumstances that may arise.
• Oversee efforts to identify and implement quality control processes and policies across the distribution supply chain. This includes identification of training and coaching opportunities across the supply chain to help minimize issues. Ensure corrective actions are put in place to prevent or reduce the risk of process/system failures.
• Oversee activities, such as claims processing, that support alternative licenses offered by BMI.
• Collaborate with Licensing. Distribution and IT teams to manage the timely onboarding of new licenses into distribution and/or manage the impact of license agreement changes.
• Provide oversight and governance when policy, process or system changes are made across the distribution supply chain. This includes working with the various areas to prepare and execute test plans to mitigate unfavorable consequences of change impacts.
• Work closely with IT and business units on all distribution system projects. This includes managing the Distribution Maintenance Backlog and influencing priority work on the Distribution Roadmap.
• Monitor new product releases, changes to existing products, or any other issues related to distribution third-party data providers. Provide governance of decisions. Identify gaps or concerns with data and/or recommended solutions. Offer recommendations to maximize performance and minimize risk.
• Prepare proposals for potential administration service opportunities.
• Lead or work with BMI team members on various task forces within the company to develop solutions and strategies for both current and future BMI initiatives.
• Lead efforts to obtain and maintain competitive market research surrounding distribution.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Directly supervises departmental employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning, directing and ensuring the reliability of work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
POSITION QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor’s Degree in a related field required; an emphasis in areas of Music Business, Economics, or similar discipline preferred. MBA highly preferred.
• Minimum ten years of related experience (managing royalties and/or distribution of royalties).
• Experience in publishing, royalties, and copyright highly preferred.
• Minimum seven years’ management experience.
• Strong knowledge and experience with SQL required.
• Demonstrated experience in analysis, preparation, and presentation of data required.
• Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office suite with an emphasis on Excel and Access.