Avp, International & Business Relations
BMINew York, NY
Full Time Job
BMI has an exciting opportunity for an AVP, International & Business Relations on the International team that will be responsible for maintaining BMI’s business relationships with over 90 performing rights collection societies (“Societies”) worldwide.
The AVP, International and Business Relations will lead and execute BMI’s brand vision through the following:
• Serving as BMI’s key business contact with each of the Societies and with cultural and business representatives from related industries.
• Supporting the initiatives to grow International revenue.
• Leading administration of the reciprocal agreements between BMI and the Societies. Providing general administrative support to BMI and the foreign Societies on International affairs.
• Influencing the development of worldwide industry standard business practices, song identification and other data standards, and technical practices for collective rights management through CISAC and other industry initiatives.
• Representing BMI on industry task forces or ad hoc initiatives to improve the processes of performance rights licensing.
• Overseeing fact-finding meetings and audits of partner Societies, which includes detailed analyses of incoming revenue trends and societal business practices.
• Representing BMI International in managing digital licensing initiatives outside the US.
• Working closely with developing Societies to:
• Assist them with their licensing efforts, dealing with local users;
• Ensure that BMI works are properly documented; and
• Assist with the overall needs of a developing society.
• Overseeing societal compliance with US taxes and BMI policies.
• Managing relationships with other BMI departments to further the effectiveness of the International department.
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in a related field; Master’s degree preferred and at least 10 years’ industry-related experience, preferably in a performing rights entity or related industry such as music publishing or recorded music, in the US or abroad. Strong preference for experience in business affairs, contract management, project management, or in a position for which revenue performance is a key for success. Foreign language skills written and spoken, Spanish is strongly preferred. Significant international travel also required