BMINew York, NY
Full Time Job
Recruits and assists prospective writers and publishers to BMI by performing the following duties either personally or through the direction of others.
FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
• Maintain a working knowledge of BMI's role in the music industry, its competitive pressures, and how those matters impact BMI writers and publishers.
• Manage the relationship between BMI and its affiliates by answering affiliate inquiries about BMI policies, practices and royalty payments including account maintenance activities.
• Explain in detail the services BMI offers affiliates by answering affiliate inquiries about BMI policies, practices, and royalty payments.
• Research account problems for BMI songwriters and publishers and take necessary actions..
• Establish and maintain relationships with music industry executives and professionals.
• Develop relationships with up-and-coming music professionals, songwriters, artists, and tastemakers to secure future talent for BMI.
• Facilitate the relationships between BMI affiliates and the music industry by networking with industry professionals.
• Listen to new musical works in person and as sent to BMI by affiliates, with the hope of providing information to assist the writers in marketing them within the industry.
• Analyze affiliates royalty income in order to project future earnings to support bank loans.
• Manage all departmental events, projects and initiatives.
• Create and manage detailed project schedules working with each department to ensure event timelines and deadlines are met.
• Create, manage and monitor detailed budgets for all departmental events.
• Maintain and cultivate positive public awareness of company through targeted outreach initiatives including award shows, panels, showcases, workshops and galas.
• Manage all event details including venue sourcing and hotel RFPs (request for proposal), vendor negotiating, budget management, talent and VIP acquisition, production, catering, decor, run of show, on-site management, sponsorship acquisition, guest list management and seating arrangements.
• Develop and implement workflow processes to enhance efficiency and streamline duties.
• Research and initiate event corporate sponsorship proposals.
• Liaise with internal teams and external vendors on event processes: Invitations, branding/signage, premiums, contracts, talent negotiations, compliance, public relations, hospitality, travel & accommodations, finance.
• Supervise events on-site, assist executive team while working off-site/remotely, interface with clients, and utilize general problem-solving skills.
• Maintains a working knowledge of BMI's role in the music industry, its competitive pressures, and how those matters impact BMI writers and publishers.
• Supports our BMI values and cultivates a culture of diversity and inclusion.
• Regular attendance.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent preferred.
• Minimum 3-5 years experience in the music industry.
• Must have a substantial industry contact list to aid in developing relationships for signing affiliates.
• Ability to analyze songs and music for commercial success.
• Working knowledge of the song and music process from conception to hit status.
• Working knowledge of music industry trade and professional organizations.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
• Experience working with and maintaining database systems and reports, as well as word processing and spreadsheets.
• Able to establish a constructive and informative relationship with employees, management, writers and publishers.
• Ability to interact professionally with a diverse employee population, and with all levels of staff and management.
• Able to work independently and with good judgment.
• Attention to detail.
• Ability to prioritize multiple assignments to meet deadlines.
• Strong typing and proof reading skills.