Associate Director, Creative Pop-Rock
BMINew York, TN
Full Time Job
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for handling various processes to support affiliates; from administrative needs to managing event productions and initiatives out of the office.
FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
• Manage the BMI 101 program by organizing monthly information sessions for inquiries and new affiliates.
• Manage the relationship between BMI and its affiliates by answering affiliate inquiries about BMI policies, practices and royalty payments including account maintenance activities.
• Contribute ideas and assistance in developing and managing events and initiatives.
• Communicate and liaise with supporting departments such as Corporate Communications.
• Compile and distribute weekly charting songs on various platforms identifying writers, producers and artists for review at weekly meetings.
• Keep an updated list of relevant and important accounts tracking termination dates, outstanding balances and any other pertinent information.
• Prepare quarterly earnings reports as needed, for departmental review.
• Research new entries on BB Hot 100 on a weekly basis and create congratulatory cards.
• Represent the New York Creative executives at local shows and any other particular shows, when they are not able to attend.
• Compose and prepare reports, correspondence and other complex documents.
• Listens to all incoming music submissions and responds accordingly.
• Manage and train departmental intern program and temporary employees.
• Create, manage and monitor detailed budgets for all departmental events.
• Maintain department calendar.
• Supports our BMI values and cultivates a culture of diversity and inclusion.
• Regular attendance.
• Other duties as assigned.
POSITION QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor's Degree in related field.
Experience: Minimum two (2) years' experience in related responsibilities such as event planning/coordination, administrative processes, and/or internship projects within the music industry.
and Abilities: This may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Attention to detail is a must
• High degree of confidentiality
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office -Word & Excel, Google Docs and Sheets
• Strong organizational skills
• Creative problem solving skills
• Warm and friendly phone manner
• Able to establish a constructive and informative relationship with employees, management, writers and publishers
• Ability to interact professionally with a diverse employee population, and with all levels of staff and management
• Able to work independently and with good judgment
• Ability to prioritize multiple assignments to meet deadlines
• Pro-active, self-starter
• Eagerness to learn and help.
• Strong typing and proofreading skills and well as basic math skills.