BMINew York, NY
Full Time Job
Provide assistance to the Senior Vice President by performing the tasks outlined below. Provide secondary support to the International department staff and, on regular basis and independently, work with foreign societies on distribution, finance and other varied administrative issues.
FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
• Arranges travel plans and itineraries, and compiles documents for travel-related meetings. Handles expense reimbursement process to ensure reimbursements are accurately paid without delay. Addresses any reconciliation of travel receipts to reimbursements.
• Manages heavy calendar and independently schedules appointments.
• Organizes visits, events or conferences by coordinating facilities and caterer, issuing information and invitations; responsible for coordinating related details.
• Manages departmental invoices and submits to accounting for payment to ensure all BMI expenses are paid on time. Addresses reconciliation of payment questions.
• Screens incoming call and correspondence, mail distribution, and responds independently when appropriate.
• Legalize/authenticate documents when necessary
• Requires employee to go to State Department, foreign consulates, etc.
• Creates and maintains database (e-database) and spreadsheet files.
• Administrative duties such as filing, printing, scanning, organize and maintain filing system.
• Manage, order, and coordinate supplies for department.
• Maintains contact information in Outlook and CISAC database and communicates contact changes to BMI personnel.
• Assists with special projects which may include, preparation of reports, presentations etc.
• Supports our BMI Values and cultivates a culture of diversity and inclusion.
• Regular attendance.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent preferred.
• Minimum 1 year administrative experience preferred.
• Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations.
• Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
• Ability to identify potential sensitive situations and recognize the highest level of confidentiality.
• Exercise good judgment.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Detail oriented.
• Great organizational skills.
• Basic mathematical skills. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions and percentages.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
• Ability to work independently.
• Foreign language preferred.