Intern - Media Relations
Atlanta DreamAtlanta, GA
Full Time Unpaid Internship
The Atlanta Dream seeks current college students who have an interest in sports and its field of study. The ideal candidate is trustworthy, honest, and possesses a great attitude. The internships are unpaid (college credit is available), but in exchange for time and effort the Organization offers the opportunity to learn and experience multiple facets of a professional sports franchise.
Description: Exciting opportunity to work in the WNBA! The Dream seeks energetic, can-do intern to aid members of the Atlanta Dream Media Relations Department with implementing the departmental strategies and objectives for the 2010 season.
in the fast-paced environment to include, but are not limited to, the following:
Monitoring media coverage, maintaining database of press clippings, assisting with media credential requests, working Dream home games, and other Media Relations Department projects as needed. Requirements and Duties: Strong organizational skills. Familiarity with Microsoft Word and Excel. Ability to work with a wide variety of people. Strong writing and communications skills necessary. Must be a quick learner with a willingness to learn new technologies. Detail-oriented. Ability to multi-task under time constraints. Willing to work ALL Atlanta Dream home games (pre- and post-). Knowledge of basketball preferred.
• Monitor and record local, national, and Internet media coverage
• Search all print and online media for Atlanta Dream content, distributing to staff and updating player/personnel files
• Participate in Atlanta Dream game day in-arena media set-up and take down
• Assist with game night media hospitality
• Provide media and visiting teams with statistical and press content
• Produce and deliver visiting team media packets
• Assist with team scout scheduling
Note: When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Are you a CURRENT student or recent graduate (May 2018)?
2. Do you have local housing and reliable transportation available to you?
3. I understand that this is an UNPAID internship, but course credit may be obtained as outlined by my college/university.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
• How did you hear about this job?
• Are you a CURRENT student or recent graduate (May 2018)?
• Do you have local housing and reliable transportation available to you?
• I understand that this is an UNPAID internship, but course credit may be obtained as outlined by my college/university.