Intern - Community Relations
Atlanta DreamAtlanta, GA
Full Time Unpaid Internship
The Atlanta Dream seeks current college students who have an interest in sports and its field of study. The ideal candidate is trustworthy, honest, and possesses a great attitude. The internships are unpaid (college credit is available), but in exchange for time and effort the Organization offers the opportunity to learn and experience multiple facets of a professional sports franchise.
COMMUNITY RELATIONS INTERN Description:
The intern will provide support to the Community Relations Department, and will report directly to the Community Relations Manager. This is a seasonal internship. The requirements for this position include, but are not limited to, those outlined below.
• Must be available at least 40 hours per week, which includes office hours, game days, and some nights/weekends
• Self-starter with the ability to follow directions or develop an independent plan of action
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with attention to detail
• Strong time management and project management skills
• Must be able to work well with a team
• Administrative/computer skills are required Responsibilities
• Coordinate and execute Atlanta Dream community initiatives and events
• Assist with fulfillment and tracking of donation requests
• Assist with tracking and reporting player appearances to the league
• Respond to general community relations inquiries
• Execute required game day duties
• Provide community content for the Dream website
• Develop and maintain detailed databases of partner community organizations
Note: When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Are you a CURRENT student or recent graduate (May 2018)?
2. Do you have local housing and reliable transportation available to you?
3. I understand that this is an UNPAID internship, but course credit may be obtained as outlined by my college/university.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
• How did you hear about this job?
• Are you a CURRENT student or recent graduate (May 2018)?
• Do you have local housing and reliable transportation available to you?
• I understand that this is an UNPAID internship, but course credit may be obtained as outlined by my college/university.