Guest Service Representative- Seasonal
Arizona DiamondbacksPhoenix, AZ
Part Time Job
The Guest Service Representative (GSR) role is essential to ensuring that all guests enjoy a positive and memorable experience while they are at Chase Field. A successful GSR has a positive and friendly disposition, able to handle large crowds, does well with noisy, crowded environments and is service oriented. The typical day of a GSR may be inside or outside in the extreme heat of an Arizona summer day. The day of a GSR will always be eventful and can include moving chairs, interacting with guests of all ages, and being mobile throughout Chase Field for extended periods of time that can exceed 5 hours. A GSR shift may include greeting guests at entrances, explaining building and safety policies to guests, providing information concerning seat location and building amenities, monitoring smoking areas, scanning tickets, operating elevators/escalators and addressing the behavior of guests to Chase Field.
Compensation: $10.50 per hour
Position Type and Expected Work Hours:
This position is a seasonal part-time position to work the 2018 Diamondbacks Season (Approximately from March 2018-November 2018) at Chase Field with a chance to work future seasons. Any day can be a workday including holidays and weekends, shifts typically last 5-6 hours (30 minutes before doors open til 30 minutes after the event).
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Excellent listening and verbal communication skills with all age of guest's (may include pets at some locations)
• Scan and swipe tickets using a small hand-held scanning device, quickly checking the authenticity of each ticket
• Strong comprehension and ability to navigate ballpark layouts to provide guests with directions to seating sections, restrooms, concession stands, novelty shops and other facility services and amenities
• Serves as an information specialist and knowledgeable about each event to respond appropriately to guest comments, questions, and requests in a prompt, courteous and professional manner.
• Handle a variety of customer inquiries in a professional and friendly manner including but not limited to seating/ticket issues
• Distribute flyers or promotional materials to guests
• Identify and address opportunities to enhance the guest experience.
• Reporting or responding to guest needs, even in emergency situation
• Clear understanding of ballpark policies and procedures
• Professional and appropriately respond to incidents under the guidelines of the Diamondbacks and Chase Field policies.
• Maintain order and ensure adherence to all safety rules
• Provide assistance and clear directions during emergency situations
• Immediately report any suspicious activity or unattended items to supervisor and security
• Monitor crowd during all events to ensure safety
• Immediately report any safety violations to include spills or injuries to a supervisor and security.
• Complete incident reports as needed
• Verify credentials to control access to restricted areas and enforce ticket integrity to ensure guests are in proper seats
• Work area changes from event to event (gates/doors, portals, elevators, escalators, lobbies). You may be assigned and moved as necessary.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Excellent customer service skills, friendly, outgoing personality
• Excellent verbal communication skills
• Strong ability to collaborate and work with co-workers and supervisors in a team environment
• Maintain a neat, professional appearance as outlined by the Arizona Diamondbacks organization
• Ability to remain calm and focused in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to exercise sound judgment to diffuse volatile situations
• Ability to read tickets and ensure authenticity
• Ability to scan tickets (fine finger dexterity)
• Ability to memorize layout of Chase field to answer guests general questions (seating sections, restrooms, concession stands, novelty shops and other facility services and amenities)
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Basic knowledge of ADA protocols and policies
• Six months of previous customer service experience in a fast-paced environment
Preferred Experience/ Education:
• Previous experience as an usher
• One year of customer service experience in fast-paced- environment
• First Aid/ CPR certified
• Noise levels in the work environment are frequently loud
• Working environment may be inside or outside Chase Field and can include working outside in summer in extreme heat.
• Outside environment can include extreme temperatures exceeding 110 degrees, wind, rain, and sun
• Flexible schedule (variety of shifts) to include weekends, evenings, some holidays and some overtime to meet business needs
• Must meet monthly attendance minimums (be available to work 66-75% of all home games/events)
• Ability to stand or be mobile for entire shift (generally 4-6 hours but could extend due to the nature of our business. i.e., extra innings)
• Ability to walk throughout, up and down stairs, aisles, and on uneven surfaces (ramps)
• Ability to bend, work in high elevations and enclosed spaces (including elevators)
• Must be comfortable working with large crowds. Noise levels in the work environment are frequently loud
• Comfortable with heights
• Must be able to work both indoors and outdoors-May be exposed to all weather conditions including extreme heat and cold
• Able to lift up to 25 pounds
• Ability to listen and function in noisy environment
• Be able to read and process written information
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Please review the posting before applying.
Qualified candidates must answer the pre-screen questions and attach an updated resume.
The Arizona Diamondbacks are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
• How did you hear about this job?
• Do you have any past work experience in customer service?
• Do you have any previous experience working event venues?
• Will you be available to work at least 67% of all home games?
• Do you have a reliable means of transportation to and from the ballpark?
• Are you available to attend our job fair at Chase Field on February 6th or February 8th?