Campus Information Officer
American Film InstituteLos Angeles, CA
Part Time Job
Campus Information Officer (Weekend and On-Call)
The Campus Information Officer is the first point of contact for all incoming calls and campus guests. As such, this position is responsible for the overall efficiency of the information being disseminated from the switchboard booth. This includes greeting and providing information and directions to campus guests, fellows, faculty and staff. As well as managing the distribution and acceptance of all documents and packages received at the switchboard. Weekend hours consist of Saturday and Sunday 8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m., unless otherwise instructed.
• Receive, handle, and direct all incoming calls in a timely, effective, and efficient manner.
• Maintain radio communication with Security, Human Resources and Facilities.
• Greet guests and visitors and coordinate announcements with employees.
• Coordinate campus activities, scheduling, and events with Facilities, Security and Human Resources.
• Provide Security with placards to reserve parking for guests.
• Direct all informational inquiries to appropriate departments.
• Oversee the overall appearance of the conference room and lobby area ensuring space is maintained according to office standards.
• Log, notify and distribute all messages, packages, and faxes.
• Report to human resources management all incidents regarding crimes, accidents, safety and security matters. Assist security in keeping building clear of people without specific business.
• Process all refunds for vending machines and report malfunctions. Place services calls when necessary.
• Receive and temporarily store all lost and found items. Contact security to record and place items in secure storage.
• Maintain a daily Call Log to be submitted to HR weekly.
• Maintain a clean reception area at all times.
• Perform light clerical duties to support the daily operations of the institute such as typing, filing, etc.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• High School diploma.
• Minimum of two years switchboard experience on a multi-extension telephone.
• Exceptionally detail-oriented with the proven ability to handle numerous tasks with appropriate follow-up and reporting activities while not losing sight of the big picture.
• Can work independently while being an integral member of a high-functioning team.
• Proven project management skills with the ability to take a project from conception through completion with minimal supervision.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to convey complex concepts and procedures in simplistic terms.
• Strong time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills coupled with the ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
• Strong diplomacy skills and professionalism are mandatory; this includes the ability to maintain complete confidentiality and discretion at all times.
• Excellent computer skills with expertise in Word, Excel and Mac Mail in a Macintosh environment.
• Possess a positive and professional attitude with the ability to work as a member of a high-energy, results oriented team.
• Ability to work calmly under pressure.
• Personal integrity with the ability to inspire confidence and trust.
• CPR and First Aid Certification a plus.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online