Amazon StudiosSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Play a leading role in operational risk improvement for Amazon Studios, where we have a history and tradition of leading the world in innovative productions, technologies, and services. Reporting to a Risk Manager within Treasury, you will assist Amazon's Risk Management team with Amazon Studios' insurance placement, advisement, contract review, and claims management globally. Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
Insurance Placement and Advisement
• Interpret insurance provisions to cross functional teams, including legal, production and finance.
• Provide ongoing support on insurance provisions and application of coverage.
• Advise on domestic and foreign insurance requirements and regulations.
• Gather, analyze, and prepare information for underwriting submissions information and applications for insurance policy renewals.
• Evaluate insurance policy quotes and participate in negotiating coverage and pricing with insurance brokers and insurance companies to provide recommendations to production team and manager.
• Review insurance binders, policies and endorsements to ensure accuracy.
• Manage broker relationships in conjunction with Production, Legal and Risk Management teams to ensure adequate servicing and SLA's.
• Liaise with insurance broker to manage production risk, insurance, and services provided by broker.
• Identify, communicate and champion loss prevention and process improvement opportunities.
• Conduct domestic and international contract reviews, confirming insurance provisions in keeping with Amazon's risk tolerances and insurance program requirements, providing contract owner with suggested revisions and providing consultation with external parties as needed.
• Provide consultation on contractual risk transfer techniques in addition to insurance specific provisions.
• Provide technical consultation to ensure third party and Amazon-issued Certificates of Insurance comply with contract standards.
• Collect claims data for submission for all lines of coverage, address insurers' on-going questions and issues through claims resolution.
• Responsible for providing entertainment claims management including the development of collaborative partnerships between internal business partners and external service providers on an as needed basis.
• Develop and maintain global claims procedures.
• Serve as a safety liaison between production and corporate safety to provide safety evaluations.
• Ensure production teams are aware and knowledgeable of their responsibilities.
• Manage broker service hours for safety and insurance services.
• Maintain and improve Amazon's production safety policy, providing guidance and oversight to ensure compliance to all applicable Amazon safety policies.
• BA/BS degree
• Experience working with Studios or in the entertainment field is mandatroy
• At least five years' experience in risk management or contracts management
• ARM, CPCU or similar designation preferred.
• At least three years' experience with feature film and/or television production insurance experience.
• Knowledge of production safety practices.
• Knowledge of production claims management.
• Well-organized, detail oriented and able to adjust to changing
• Ability to work remotely from corporate team.
• Demonstrated ability to work well independently.
• Provide cross functional support in a fast paced environment.
• Strong computer skills, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with ability to professionally communicate both verbally and written with employees and outside partners, recognizing and appropriately responding to others' perspectives.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation