Senior Business Affairs Manager, Amazon Studios
Amazon StudiosSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
We are looking for a business affairs executive for Amazon's Feature Film division.
The business affairs executive will own the negotiation of talent, writer and other related deals and will rigorously evaluate alternate deal structures for the benefit of the Studio. The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated ability to effectively negotiate and interact with agents, managers and outside attorneys and be able to efficiently communicate status and tradeoffs with other members of the Amazon Studios team including Creative, Production, Marketing, Accounting, Finance, and Legal, as well as Amazon executives outside of Amazon Studios.
A comprehensive working knowledge of feature film agreements, guild and union regulations, contract law and intellectual property rights (as applicable to the entertainment industry) is required, along with excellent drafting, negotiation, communication (written and verbal), interpersonal, organizational and computer skills. Knowledge of digital and SVOD/streaming deal structures is also helpful.??
Must be able to multi-task under pressure, manage a varied, high-volume workload efficiently and smoothly, operate autonomously within corporate parameters and work long hours as necessary. A successful candidate is expected to be able to build strong internal client relationships, effectively advise senior-level executives under conditions of uncertainty, high-pressure and/or high-risk and generate strong client satisfaction through strategic thinking and firm decision-making.
For context, at a traditional television network or studio, this role might be titled ''Vice President, Business Affairs.''
This role will be located in Santa Monica, come help build the future of television with Amazon Studios. - -
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
• Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Science and JD or MBA
• A thorough understanding of entertainment industry customs and practices with 10 years in entertainment deal making in the motion picture arena, representing or working for a major scripted production company, agency, studio or network.
Deep understanding of media business models
• Ability to understand and devise new business models
• Deep interest in technology and innovation
• You must be enthusiastic, enjoy working hard and getting things done, and demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations