Localization Project Manager
Amazon StudiosSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
This role is based in Santa Monica, CA.
Amazon Studios is currently hiring a Localization Project Manager to help the existing Intl. Post Operations team launch and manage an ever increasing amount of original content across the Globe. Amazon Studios original programming includes a number of highly regarded series, including the Emmy winning Transparent, Golden Globe winning Mozart in the Jungle, and the hit series The Man in the High Castle, as well as forthcoming international productions from our regional teams.
Localization Project Manager
The Localization Project Manager will report to the Sr. International Localization Manager and will track assigned series production and delivery progress while overseeing the processing of all required assets from third party production facilities through Amazon's contracted vendors for localization, mastering, and delivery to Amazon Video (AV), ensuring aggressive global release timetables are met. They will be responsible for updating and maintaining various schedules, keeping vendors and regional POCs up-to-date as content is finalized, tracking localization and mastering progress, pursuing outstanding materials, organizing assets and avails/metadata for final delivery to AIV, and troubleshooting any upstream or downstream rejections as well as assessing and acting on Customer feedback. The role will liaise between current productions and third-party localization vendors on work related to the translation/adaptation, casting, recording and versioning of Amazon Originals content for Global release, while helping to streamline and achieve alignment across a variety of global vendors. This position will also work with the Localization Billing Coordinator to track expenditures for all localization related work, create purchase orders, and monitor invoicing across multiple projects. For content originating in languages other than English, this role will also be responsible for localization into English for the US marketplace. The ideal candidate should be willing and able to handle a heavily administrative day-to-day while also collaborating and contributing to process planning and rollouts for future growth potential and efficiency. Some international travel may be required.
• 4 years of experience in a post-production environment geared toward work on episodic Television (experience with Features is also a plus)
• 2 years of experience with a variety of Subtitling and Dubbing localization workflows across multiple regions or languages
• Fluent in post-production and/or localization terminology
• Experience with a variety of digital media workflows and asset management
• Experience with acquisition and delivery of assets from producing entities to a studio or vendor
• Knowledge of wide array of media asset types and transport mechanisms
• Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills
• Ability to manage multiple projects at once, follow through, and meet aggressive deadlines
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Experience working in television/film studio environments
• Experience with both technical and content metadata organization and submission
• Experience with utilizing 3P post vendors and creating schedules from the beginning (greenlight) to end (distribution) of episodic television life cycles globally
• Self-motivated to work independently while being able to contribute successfully to cross-functional teams
• Familiarity with foreign languages (Spanish, German, Japanese, etc.) is a plus, but not essential to succeed in this role
• Common sense, great judgment, and a good sense of humor