Global Production Studio Manager
Amazon StudiosSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Amazon Studios launched in 2010 as a new way to develop feature films and episodic series-one that's open to great ideas from creators and audiences around the world. Amazon Studios Original Content is available to Prime members and is known for bringing customers the Golden Globe-winning and Emmy-winning series Transparent and Mozart in the Jungle and Goliath along with original hits like The Man in the High Castle, Red Oaks, Hand of God, Bosch, and Catastrophe. Prime members also have access to a collection of Amazon Original series for kids such as Just Add Magic, the American Girl Series, and multi-Emmy Award-winning Tumble Leaf.
We are seeking a Global Production Studio Manager to oversee a new and growing in-house production studio which supports the work of our Prime Originals marketing campaigns. This role will supervise a small group of production artists and asset managers to ensure that all work is built and released to proper specifications and delivered to our internal and external partners on-time. Working closely with the Head of Marketing Operations and Production, this position will create a workflow structure for how work enters and leaves the studio and implement studio best-practices. This candidate must possess proven leadership skills and the ability to meet deadlines within a fast paced environment. They must be able to motivate a team with a range of skill sets and effectively prioritize the studio workload.
This studio will output multi-media deliverables, including print, digital, and social media assets.
• Overseeing the day-to-day operational efficiency of the in-house production studio.
• Effectively allocating and assigning work among team members.
• Overseeing all production materials that are released to internal and external partners (media outlets, print vendors, websites, social media platforms, etc.)
• Setting priorities to meet deadlines and produce results.
• Hiring, training, and developing production artists and freelance staff as needed.
• Regularly updating studio schedules and developing road maps for studio work on a weekly basis.
• Collaborating with internal stakeholders to keep them informed about project status.
• Creating and maintaining studio archiving and filing systems.
• Fostering a spirit of collaboration and teamwork.
• 10 Years managing an in-house studio in the advertising, network, or marketing industries.
• Experience with DAM and folder management systems within a marketing or advertising agency studio environment.
• Advanced knowledge of design and production software.
• Excellent organizational skills and keen attention to detail a must.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Design experience or background preferred.
• Experience building a small studio from the ''ground up'' preferred.
• International asset development experience preferred.
• Proficient in MAC Adobe CC Software.