Theatrical Film Production Corporate Counsel
Amazon StudiosSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Are you looking for a new challenge in a fast-paced, innovative company? Come make history with Amazon's legal department.
Amazon Studios is making some of the highest quality feature films today. In this role, you will be responsible for all legal matters related to production legal affairs for our theatrical features, including drafting and negotiating a wide range of production-service and above-the-line agreements, structuring productions to maximize production incentives, vetting scripts, and clearing content. You will also analyze and interpret contracts and provide thoughtful legal advice on potential issues in a wide range of legal areas affecting production, including intellectual property, guilds, and content regulations.
• 7 years of legal experience (with at least two years at a law firm) as a transactional attorney
• At least three years of experience as a production attorney on theatrical features or television shows
• Juris Doctor and membership in good standing in at least one state bar is required
• A mix of law firm and in-house experience
• Ability to demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations
• Ability to work independently while being able to contribute successfully to cross-functional teams
• Excellent organizational skills; ability to manage multiple projects at once, follow through and meet deadlines
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Strong analytical and computer skills
• Common sense, great judgment, and a good sense of humor
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation