Audience Development Specialist
Above Average ProductionsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Job Title: Audience Development Specialist
Reports to: David Ingber, Managing Editor
Job Purpose: We are seeking an Audience Development Specialist to increase The Kicker's audience size, engagement and subscriber growth. Their focus will be on distribution, analytics, and growth.
• Work closely with editorial team of The Kicker to build audience around video, written and image based daily content.
• Use analytics tools to measure effectiveness of audience growth strategies, identify trends for editorial team, and make recommendations for targeting and engagement (Google Analytics, YouTube Analytics, Facebook Insights, etc.)
• Responsible for internal reporting including weekly and monthly cross-channel reports
• Execute on paid marketing campaigns specific but not limited to YouTube, Instagram and Facebook.
• Ensure all Kicker YouTube videos are properly posted and positioned on TheKicker.com
• Work with the Above Average development team to post and promote videos from outside creators
• Manage distribution and audience strategy on behalf of and in collaboration with key partners such as NBC Sports, Turner, Vox and others
• Manage uploading/scheduling/tagging/boosting of ''hero'' videos on Facebook
• Creatively repurposing our vast library of content
• Champion the effort to increase visibility, search performance, subscribers and overall view of The Kicker content on YouTube, Facebook, and The Kicker website.
• Manage YouTube content, metadata, and optimization
• Manage ad platforms such as Google Adwords and Facebook Business Manager, and audience growth campaigns
• Provide guidance on video marketing materials such as thumbnails, metadata, cover art and logos
• Community management to retain engaged audience
• Work with sales team to manage outside marketing and audience vendors on branded content executions.
• Research new and interesting ways of directing traffic and viewership
• Create the weekly newsletter
• Knowledge of Facebook Business Manager, Insights, Google Adwords
• Familiarity with sports and pop culture
• Intermediate experience with Microsoft Office (emphasis on Excel and Powerpoint)
• Basic HTML or CMS experience a plus
• Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator) a plus
• BA/BS Degree
• Publisher audience development, marketing or programming experience required
• 3-5 Years experience from an innovative/new publisher preferred
Company: Above Average is a multi-disciplinary entertainment company that creates original, premium programming for networks, brands, and fans spanning digital, TV, commercial, and social. Founded in 2012 as an independent subsidiary of Lorne Michaels' Broadway Video, Above Average is a digital-first company with a 40-year television and film legacy. Above Average specializes in making smart comedy programming with today's top talent and rising stars, and is best known for its popular series 7 Minutes in Heaven, Alec Baldwin's Love Ride and Sound Advice starring SNL's Vanessa Bayer. The company publishes content across its owned and operated Above Average channels and its sports comedy vertical, The Kicker. Outside of its proprietary platforms, Above Average has produced original content for brands including Pepsi, Lexus, and Oreo, and networks including Comedy Central, IFC, and TruTV.
The Kicker is one of the top sports entertainment brands on the internet, delivering widely shared comedy on all digital platforms. A digital property of Above Average, The Kicker is led creatively by editor-in-chief Bryan Tucker (who also serves as Saturday Night Live co-head writer) and collaborates with top athletes, comedians and celebrities to create premium original videos and digital series, including ''Hardest Jobs in Sports,'' ''Draftsville,'' and ''Every Press Conference Ever.'' For dedicated and casual fans alike, The Kicker applies a uniquely humorous perspective to sports news, events, and culture every day. The Kicker was launched in 2015.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online