Motion Graphics Coordinator - Evening Shift
AV SquadHollywood, CA
Full Time Job
The graphics coordinator handles heavy scheduling, communication, posting and maintains a high level of quality control for the motion graphics department. Candidates must demonstrate an excellent knowledge of industry standard production and finishing processes for high-end motion graphic projects.
The right individual should be passionate about all aspects of animation, typography and design. They should also be able to take the initiative and manage their own time within a busy agency environment, where deadlines and challenges constantly evolve. They must possess a friendly demeanor and be able to work well with clients, producers and artists.
Must be open to a standard shift of 3pm-10pm or later.
Essential Functions & Key Responsibilities
• Manage graphics workflow and meet deadlines.
• Interface with clients, producers and artists.
• Schedule and organize projects for offline and finish.
• Coordinate with various departments to handle all graphics needs to complete daily tasks.
• Create and execute special projects as assigned or needed.
• Track production and finishing schedules.
• Take notes on creative and finishing calls and be able to anticipate staffing needs in advance.
• Work closely with producers, creative directors, coordinators, artists and editors.
• Setup finishing sessions with clients and post facilities.
• Work directly with clients to organize and process production and finishing requests.
• Post work for clients.
• QC all work before delivering.
• Create and send checkers.
Abilities & Competencies
• To perform the essential functions of this position, the incumbent regularly employs the following communication and reasoning abilities and competencies:
• Effectively reads, writes, and comprehends written English.
• Able to actively and attentively listen.
• Able to think through, evaluate and solve problems logically and quickly.
• Able to organize work effectively in order to meet deadlines.
• Attention to detail.
• Conduct all matters in a professional, confidential and courteous manner.
• Collaborate and coordinate with other departments.
• College graduate with at least one year of relevant work experience. Special consideration will be given to applicants whose work history suggests a genuine interest in commercial production, motion graphics, VFX and/or CG work.
• Advanced knowledge and experience with the theatrical finishing process and delivery is a huge plus.
• Must be familiar with theatrical and broadcast frame rates and finishing specs.
• A self-starter who can take small directions and run with them.
• Meticulous attention to detail and quality control.
• Exemplary written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to resolve scheduling issues and meet deadlines.
• Ability to listen and ask thoughtful, intelligent questions.
• Must be willing to work a 3p - 10p shift and long hours and weekends when needed, as the nature of this industry is not confined to a 9-5 workday
• Strong knowledge of Excel. Being comfortable with PSD, AE, AI and InDesign is a plus.
• Must be able to prioritize under a high-stress environment.
• Meticulous organizational abilities and the ability to multitask.
• A nice, friendly demeanor.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all the job functions that a team member in this position may be asked to perform. Duties and responsibilities can be changed, expanded, reduced, or delegated by management to meet the business needs.
AV Squad is an equal opportunity at-will employer.
AV Squad is always seeking new talent, if a position is not available at the time of your application submission, your resume will be kept on file for future opportunities.