Director Of Content Programming
ASCAPNew York, NY
Full Time Job
ASCAP's new Product team is looking for a Director of Content Programming to play a leadership role in developing content strategy for a variety of digital products including ASCAP.com and social media. The Director of Content Programming will create the brand voice for ASCAP that will reach its diverse audience of songwriter, composer, and publisher members and licensees. This position will work closely with the Strategy & Development team and across the organization including marketing and membership teams.
As Director of Content Programming you will be responsible for…
• Strategize content with Product, Marketing, and Membership teams
• Increase engagement across social channels by developing campaign strategies and defining a workflow for social activity; this includes maintaining a brand presence on social media, engaging with audience, creating an open dialogue for questions, comments, and concerns
• Develop and maintain brand voice and brand style guide
• Develop and manage editorial calendar
• Generate written, video, and audio content for several ASCAP web and non-web products.
• Create help content including FAQs, instructional content, and onboarding messaging.
• Ensure content is SEO compliant and assigned measurable KPIs
• Ability to translate complex work flows and terminology into clear and succinct messaging
• Strong page layout / art direction abilities
• Ability to edit images in Photoshop (or the like) required
• Experience working with content management systems a must. Sitecore experience preferred.
• Present strategy and content to internal stakeholders, including department heads
• Manage team of freelance writers, editors, videographers, and/or audio engineers to meet content goals and needs
• Work with Project Managers to ensure deadlines are being met, and timelines are realistic
How do I know if I am qualified?
You will have…
• 5–8 years of experience managing or directing content strategy
• SEO and analytics experience
• Experience working with executive teams, negotiating business needs, and presenting new ideas to a legacy audience
• Extensive experience
• Strong familiarity with A/B testing, responding to readership needs, and managing real-time user feedback (Twitter, Facebook, comment sections, etc.)
• Strong writing, editing, and proofing skills (AP or Chicago preferred),
• Experience with membership organizations preferred
Please include a link to samples of your work that show an experience across different content types. You may show us content you've created for user interfaces, microcopy, user education, direct or transactional emails, style guides or product launch content.