Associate Director, Film, TV & Visual Media
ASCAPLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
The Associate Director of Film, TV & Visual Media serves an important role as a representative to composers and professionals in the film and television community. While working with some of our highest profile composers, they focus on nurturing the careers and loyalty to ASCAP of emerging composers.
Areas of responsibility/accountability:
• Resolve any questions or issues that composer members may have with their distributions or questions about policies or events ASCAP has put forward or promoted.
• Maintain relationships with emerging and some high profile composer members and industry professionals through regularly attending lunch and dinner meetings and visiting members at their studios.
• Attend events both locally and, on occasion, in other cities to represent ASCAP at conferences, panels, concerts, awards and other industry events.
• Produce events and programs on behalf of ASCAP both locally and in other cities including workshops, panels, receptions, etc.,
• Research and stay abreast of industry developments to provide strategic support to the Department head and senior management.
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
• Work experience in the Film and TV music industry
• Very strong social and communication skills and the ability to maintain a professional and pleasant demeanor
• This position requires regular attendance of meetings and industry events
• Ability to work well with others in a collaborative, team environment
Besides providing a unique and dynamic work environment, there are a few other reasons you should consider ASCAP in your career planning. We also offer generous benefit options that are comprehensive and provide the flexibility that most employees want and need. These health care and financial plan options include the following:
• A choice of either HMO or Point-of-Service (POS) medical and dental plans
• Immediate eligibility for 401(k) participation with match
• Generous time-off policy
• Health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts
• Long term disability insurance
• Basic life insurance, supplemental and dependent life insurance options
• Employer paid retirement savings program