Sr. Director - Communication and Collaboration Technology
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Global Communication & Collaboration Technology is a new team being formed to combine all aspects of Voice, Data, Networking & Communication Technology to provide a superior, next-gen experience globally to A E employees. We are passionate about creating a backbone that leverages cutting edge technologies & cloud, that is secure and provides a seamless experience globally.
What's In It For YouOn our team, you'll have the opportunity to innovate. You will learn. You will not be alone. You'll have an opportunity to assess, recommend & lead the implementation of latest technologies. In addition, you'll be able to manage a strong team of technologists & engineers that deeply care for our business and are eager to push the envelope wherever possible. Finally, you will have a unique opportunity to be part of some major initiatives to revamp & transform our Voice, Networking & Communication capabilities.
We'll Trust You To
We want all members of the team to show up every day with a passion for their job and care that it gets done well. We will want you to partner with the business and fellow technologist to make sure we are delivering best-of-class solutions that can make a real impact on their day-to-day jobs. As the Sr. Director of Communication and Collaboration Technology, you should be able to work autonomously to manage your team and projects, while delivering on time and on budget, as well as:
• Own strategic planning and design, engineering and implementation, capacity planning and support for communication and collaboration services across the global enterprise.
• Define network and voice architecture standards, develop and implement cost effective telecommunication solutions, and support structure that meets current and future business demands.
• Act as business sponsor for all transformation initiatives, to include but not limited to, Unified Collaboration as a Service and Global Network Redesign.
• Oversee day-to-day operations, vendor services & support, and continued optimization and enrichment of all communication and collaboration services.
• Formulate and establish best practices and standards for the network and communication enterprise that compliments and serves A E's global growth, international expansion, as well as regulatory and compliance requirements using the best of hybrid and cloud solutions and services.
• Work cross-functionally and interact with internal and external staff and consultants to promote collaboration and partnership in identifying strategies to optimize solutions and enhance or integrate services.
• Create and maintain a culture of innovation that is cutting edge and in consideration of user experience, organizational needs, and global scale.
A E Networks, LLC. is a joint venture of Disney-ABC Television Group and Hearst Corporation.
At A E Networks, we are passionate about programming that brings human stories to life, knowing that it is in life itself that those stories originate. We are committed to empowering our people, strengthening our partnerships and engaging audiences across the globe. We're a global entertainment media company with six original brands: A&E®, HISTORY®, Lifetime®, H2®, FYI™ and LMN®. We reach 330 million people worldwide, can be found in eight out of 10 American homes and have 500 million digital users. The best part? We did it our way.
Our TeamThe Technology team at A E Networks is dedicated to finding ways to improve our business processes and work experience by innovating solutions. We care about the quality of our work, we take risks and we take ownership. We strive to work as a team, utilizing each other's strengths, doing what needs to be done and picking each other up as needed.