Social Media Associate
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Social Media Associate (Temporary)
The social media associate is responsible for ensuring brand consistency, posting frequency and community management across all assigned social media pages for Lifetime and Lifetime Movies. This position will also aid in social media strategy for all assigned series and network pages, coordinating assets and assuring strategic and creative scheduling and posting.
This position requires the individual to stay current on changes to the landscape the social media industry platform updates and new techniques in consumer-facing social media strategies, current events and editorial trends.
• Create and maintain strategic social media launch plans for brand, editorial and programming initiatives
• Maintain daily content calendars for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, Pinterest, Snapchat, etc.
• Support all internal priorities and initiatives as dictated by Marketing department
• Live posting content strategy during premiere episodes as needed
• Obtain and set up initial social media pages for shows in conjunction with programming launches
• Work with talent to provide promotional materials and social support
• Request talent and network page verification
• Travel to shoots and on-set locations to capture content
• Ideate & pitch innovative creative strategies for brand/show campaigns
• Compile a list of all creative (AV and print) prior to a series premiere
• Compile requests for on-air/photo shoots with talent
• Light creative work in Photoshop to edit social templates used on social platforms
• Seek out or request relevant production creative, including behind-the-scenes, extras, sneak peeks, etc.
• Analyze competitive landscape for social media and make suggestions for new vendors and platforms
• Measure success of creative assets and posts to ensure maximum visibility and engagement
Please note project assignment associates are engaged to provide service to A E Networks on a temporary basis in connection with a specific project. Project assignment associates are hired and employed through a third party vendor with a duration/tenure of no longer than eighteen (18) months.
• 1-3 years prior work experience is preferred, particularly with entertainment marketing and/or social media community management.
• This position requires superior communication and organization, strong writing skills, innovative approach, professionalism, attention to detail as well as a passion for entertainment, digital media, and development.
Educational Requirements Bachelor's Degree in marketing, public relations, journalism, business, communications or a related field from an accredited college or university required. Company Overview: A E Networks is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
At A E Networks, we are passionate about programming that brings human stories to life, knowing that it is in life itself that those stories originate. We are committed to empowering our people, strengthening our partnerships and engaging audiences across the globe. We're a global entertainment media company with six original brands: A&E®, HISTORY®, Lifetime®, H2®, FYI™ and LMN®. We reach 330 million people worldwide, can be found in eight out of 10 American homes and have 500 million digital users. The best part? We did it our way. A E Networks, LLC. is a joint venture of Disney-ABC Television Group and Hearst Corporation.