Senior Business Analyst, International Systems
A+E NetworksLondon, UK
This was removed by the employer on 3/9/2018 9:37:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the IS/IT Category
Search for Senior Business Analyst, International Systems jobs in London-UK
Search all Senior Business Analyst, International Systems postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Senior Business Analyst, International Systems? The Senior Business Analyst, International Systems will act as the lead for the application support needs for A E Networks' International Divisions and will be based out of the UK office. This role will be responsible for understanding the local needs of the International offices and helping to bring best in class systems and processes to A E Networks' International ventures. This person should have experience working in matrixed environments and should have intimate experience working with Finance Systems as well as business intelligence and reporting not just from a functional perspective but technical as well. The ideal candidate will have spent time early in their career working hands on in application development and support with finance systems as well as reporting and analytics.
This position will be part of an International Technology Support Team that will be based out of the UK and will work closely with Business Stakeholders to identify, assess and optimize application needs and processes. This person will also play a key role in helping to support the business systems that are in use within the International divisions and working closely with the NY Based Corporate Technology Application Owners as well as Infrastructure Leads to determine if those systems can extend to International. This person will enjoy doing both application support and business analysis and be very hands on working in a small team. Understanding and working in a matrixed structure is critical to success in this role.
• Responsible for 2nd and 3rd level support for production issues which includes problem identification, definition and implementation of short-term work around and coordination of long-term solution
• Monitor and Follow tickets until resolution with vendors. Ensure all reported production issues are addressed according to published SLAs and sufficient information is provided in the ticketing system. Keep end users and business up to date with the status of the tickets.
• Work closely with US-based Corporate Technology teams (where appropriate) in application support of current systems or extending existing systems to meeting International needs
• Interact with software, hosting, and services vendors to design solutions and troubleshoot problems.
• Ensure that repeat defects, break fixes are minimized & focus on analysis of issues and provide recommendation for avoiding common defects.
• Support the enterprise change management process
• Manage expectations and list of bugs and enhancements as well as proper management of these
• Gathers business requirements through interviews, workshops and/or existing systems documentation or procedures.
• Provides analysis of business requirements, processes and workflows with suggestions for improvement. Identifies areas where technology, development of new systems or enhancements to existing systems and/or integration solutions can lead to increased efficiency and productivity.
• Understands the functions and processes provided by the current systems. Understand and accommodate the requirement constraints imposed by the current systems.
• Provides detailed analysis resulting in clear, concise and unambiguous system requirements. Documents detailed use cases that cover all alternate and exception flows. Supplements use cases with real world scenarios.
• Provides mock-ups of user interface. Leads design discussions and identifies design options.
• Develops test schedules, reviews testing plans, tracks and documents the development and results of these plans.
• Provides user documentation for the system. Creates curriculum and provide classes for user training.
• Ensures requirements are understood, agreed to and signed off at the appropriate early stages in a project.
• Investigate and recommend solution alternatives so that the business can make sound investment decisions.
Administrative, Management & Plannings:
• Anticipate customer needs and consistently meets or exceeds expectations. Ensures that programs, initiatives & projects are delivered on time. Manages risks & plans proactive mitigation.
• Manage vendors & consultants of current & potential partnerships for A E
• Detailed resource planning, allocation & forecasting. Ensure consistent processes for support & development including time tracking, task allocation, backup & succession planning, training
• Foster open communication, transparency, highest level of integrity, trust & collaboration within & across the departments
• Provide metrics that help to measure and improve costs of providing services and service quality.
• 6 years of IT Business Analysis and application support out of which at least 3 years are related to Media Systems, 2 years of Project Management experience
• Working with 1 or more of the following systems (SAP, Oracle Financials, JD Edwards, PeopleSoft, MediaGenix WON, IBMS, Sintec On-Air, etc)
• Experience supporting finance and reporting systems
• Experience with supporting 3rd party and custom systems
• Understanding of development and SDLC
• Excellent analytical, communication (both verbal and written), facilitation/organizational skills.
• Ability to work effectively with cross-functional business and technical teams
• Excellent understanding of project management principles and experience in managing multiple deliverables simultaneously
• Demonstrated business acumen and the ability to apply technology solutions to solve business problems
• Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills; ability to communicate and persuade at all management levels. Able to establish positive working relationships internally and externally
• Highest level of ownership, accountability & integrity
• Be able to question, evaluate and make a decision on a technology platform
• Ability to take an underserved area from a technological needs perspective and be able to engage stakeholders
• Vendor management skills including negotiations, contract review, pricing and invoicing
• Driven and prepared to take a hands-on and pro-active approach
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, customer service, training, and relationship management skills
• Understanding of Business Intelligence related Reporting Tools, Visualization, Analytics, Dashboards, KPIs, Scorecards, Modeling and Predictive Analysis through tools and technologies such as Microsoft Business Intelligence.
• Knowledge of SQL, XML and XSLT is a plus
• Experience supporting IT systems implementations in an International television broadcast media company
Educational Requirements Undergraduate degree in a Technical field Other Skills and Knowledge #LI-POST Company Overview:
A E Networks is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.