Senior Business Analyst - Ad Sales Systems
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Sr. Business Analyst for Ad Sales Systems will be primarily responsible for Digital & CRM Systems for A E Networks. This individual will be responsible for analysis and documentation of user requirements, procedures, problem solving, application support, and project management efforts to offer new solutions or enhancements to customers. The Sr. Business Analyst, Digital/CRM will work closely with the Ad Sales Group as well as peers and management in IT to provide solutions to business challenges pertaining to Digital and CRM systems. He/She should be well-versed in the Digital and CRM ecosystem in terms of process and systems.
• Digital and CRM expert with deep expertise in Digital and CRM systems and processes.
• Gathers business requirements through interviews, workshops and/or existing systems documentation or procedures.
• Provides analysis of business requirements, processes and workflows with suggestions for improvement. Identifies areas where technology, development of new systems or enhancements to existing systems and/or integration solutions can lead to increased efficiency and productivity.
• Understands the functions and processes provided by the current systems. Understands and accommodates the requirement constraints imposed by the current systems.
• Provides detailed analysis resulting in clear, concise and unambiguous system requirements. Documents detailed use cases that cover all alternate and exception flows. Supplements use cases with real world scenarios.
• Provides mock-ups of user interface. Leads design discussions and identifies design options.
• Develops test schedules, reviews testing plans, tracks and documents the development and results of these plans.
• Provides user documentation for the system. Creates curriculum and provide classes for user training.
• Ensures requirements are understood, agreed to and signed off at the appropriate early stages in a project.
• Communicates effectively, openly, and candidly with manager, business users, and IT team as it relates to all events associated with any given project including issues, roadblocks, end-user support, tech limitations, etc.
• Works closely with development team in application support of current systems.
• Provides solutions to ensure that repeat defects, break fixes are minimized.
• Focuses on analysis of issues and provide recommendation for avoiding common defects.
• Queries source system databases while troubleshooting issues or responding to user data requests.
• Ensures that programs, initiatives & projects are delivered on-time. Manages risks appropriately & plan proactive mitigation.
• Regular status reporting, including but not limited to project & support status, to IT leadership and business stakeholders.
• Alerts manager to potential risks and issues of importance.
• 5 years of IT Business Analysis and 2 years of Project Management experience.
• Experience with Digital Systems, such as, Operative.One, Fivia, etc.
• Experience with Ad Serving systems, such as, FreeWheel and Google DFPP.
• Knowledge of CRM solutions and implementations within the Broadcast/Cable industry.
• Experience with CRM solutions, such as, Microsoft Dynamics and Salesforce.
• Excellent analytical, communication (both verbal and written), facilitation/organizational skills.
• Ability to work effectively with cross-functional business and technical teams
• Excellent understanding of project management principles and experience in managing multiple projects
• Demonstrated business acumen and the ability to apply technology solutions to solve business problems
• Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills; ability to communicate and persuade at all management levels
• Highest level of ownership, accountability & integrity
• Exhibits, models & promotes vision of the IT team
• Being able to question, evaluate and make decision on technology platform
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to ensure effective communication strategy between the business and IT teams (i.e., simplifying tech terms to business users and translating business requirements to tech leads)
Understanding of Business Intelligence related Reporting Tools, Visualization, Analytics, Dashboards, KPIs, Scorecards, Modeling and Predictive Analysis through tools and technologies such as Microsoft Business Intelligence and Tableau.
Knowledge of SQL is a plus Educational Requirements Undergraduate degree Other Skills and Knowledge #LI-POST
A E Networks, LLC. is a joint venture of Disney-ABC Television Group and Hearst Corporation.
A E Networks is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans