Manager International Sales Financial Planning & Analysis
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The candidate will support the Director, International Financial Sales Planning & Analysis with the financial planning and support of the international syndication sales business. This includes budgeting, forecasting and long term planning of international syndication sales, as well as ongoing monitoring of sales performance. The role also includes interfacing with the international accounting team with regard to month-end reporting and variance analysis of the syndication sales line.
• Monthly financial analysis: assist the Director International Sales FP&A with the variance analysis of syndication revenue against budget and forecast. Assist the Director International Revenue Planning & Analysis with month-end syndication revenues reconciliation
• Forecasting and budgeting: assist the Director International Sales FP&A with the preparation of syndication revenue forecasts and budgets; provide the accounting group with calendarized sales budget and forecasts by genre, territory and sales person; maintain accurate tracking information to facilitate reconciliations and variance analysis
• Long range plan: assist the Director International Sales FP&A and the entire International FP&A team in the preparation of the divisional syndication sales 5-year plan using input from historical data, from the sales team and from ongoing output deals. Maintain the detailed source documents ensuring accuracy and integrity of the data
• Biweekly sales tracker (''Pacing report''): assist the Director International Sales FP&A in the preparation of the weekly syndication pacing and WIP report
• Monthly and quarterly sales reports: prepare monthly franchise and scripted sales reports as well as quarterly movie sales reports for distribution to Senior Management.
• Assist the Director International Sales FP&A with ad hoc projects such as: analysis of output deals; historical sales analysis focused on specific programs/clients/categories; international sales trends
Qualification Requirements At least 2 years of prior experience in consulting or public accounting; 2-5 years at a large global corporation in a similar role
Analytical experience; advanced knowledge of excel and access
Ability to interact with a wide variety of people and departments; ability to work under stress and on a deadline
Prior media experience
Prior experience in a content sales environment
Educational Requirements BS in Finance or Accounting
MBA or CPA Other Skills and Knowledge #LI-POST Company Overview:
A E Networks is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
At A E Networks, we are passionate about programming that brings human stories to life, knowing that it is in life itself that those stories originate. We are committed to empowering our people, strengthening our partnerships and engaging audiences across the globe. We're a global entertainment media company with six original brands: A&E®, HISTORY®, Lifetime®, H2®, FYI™ and LMN®. We reach 330 million people worldwide, can be found in eight out of 10 American homes and have 500 million digital users. The best part? We did it our way.
A E Networks, LLC. is a joint venture of Disney-ABC Television Group and Hearst Corporation.