Manager, Database Operations
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
Full Time Job
A&E Television Networks, LLC seeks a Manager, Database Operations in New York, New York.
• Responsibilities include database administrative and operations.
• Monitor the overall execution, performance, and availability of our production and development database platforms.
• Identify areas for improvement around deployment, capacity planning, monitoring, self-healing and automation.
• Maintain the database environments including production, failover, and disaster recovery instances.
• Install and configure relevant data replication Server components to support database and the business continuity.
• Generate and maintain complete and accurate data models in support of application development efforts.
• Execute database engineering tasks as required by the Enterprise Architecture team.
• Provide backup support to the DBA lead – including activities such as incident response, user provisioning, and standard database administration and maintenance work.
• Set capacity standards and requirements.
• Develop strategic and tactical plans, with the DBA team, for developing and maintaining databases.
• Collaborate with peers & stakeholders to help architect database solutions to meet performance, growth and availability requirements.
• Develop and document plans for investing in IT infrastructure that will improve organization performance and/or provide cost reduction opportunities.
• Provide database architecture and design consulting expertise, direction, and assistance to technical staff at the OF.
• Plan database upgrades – devising the approach and identifying all dependencies and subsequent tasks necessary for the effort.
• Bachelor's in a technical or business-related discipline, plus 5 years of experience in job offered, Programmer Analyst, Associate Consultant or Senior Software Engineer, or related.
• Must have experience with the following: In-depth knowledge of SQL Server product suite; In-depth knowledge of IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
• Experience developing, tracking and reporting SLAs and relevant metrics (e.g., capacity, productivity, progress, quality)
• Supporting an SQL/Oracle implementation
• Incident and problem management, root cause analysis, security, and project management
• Working with Change Management processes and tools
• Working knowledge of Database Technologies Development processes including Agile
• Ability to apply architectural principles, methods, and tools to business challenges; Business process analysis, planning and improvement expertise
• Working knowledge of solution delivery life cycles and development processes.
A E Networks is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
At A E Networks, we are passionate about programming that brings human stories to life, knowing that it is in life itself that those stories originate. We are committed to empowering our people, strengthening our partnerships and engaging audiences across the globe. We're a global entertainment media company with six original brands: A&E®, HISTORY®, Lifetime®, H2®, FYI™ and LMN®. We reach 330 million people worldwide, can be found in eight out of 10 American homes and have 500 million digital users. The best part? We did it our way.
A E Networks, LLC. is a joint venture of Disney-ABC Television Group and Hearst Corporation.