Manager, Corporate Accounting
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Given the dual role of the Treasury group, to fulfill all treasury related roles as well as perform corporate financial accounting and reporting functions, this position will provide the strong and technical Accounting background needed to perform the required accounting tasks for the group. The main tasks will include accounting for all of the Company's office leases, recording of all activities related to the Company's $1.18 Billion Credit Facility and the $1.55 Billion Private Placement Notes. This position will also be the lead liaison for selected G&A departments, including CEO, Human Resources, Legal & Business Affairs, Finance, and Business Development departments regarding annual budgets, quarterly forecasts and monthly/year end Close processes. The budgeting and forecasting of all rent related costs for the Company will be managed by this position.
• Account for all office leases, taking into account all financial clauses in the lease. Establish a rent smoothing schedule for each lease per the lease agreement. Maintain a deferred rent account for each lease and perform the quarterly roll-forward analysis.
• Record all debt related activities for the Company's Term Loan, Revolver Facility and Private Placement Notes. Calculate and record the accrued interest for each debt. Develop the deferred financing cost amortization schedule and maintain as needed to reflect any early debt retirement. Determine any resulting acceleration of financing costs due to debt prepayment
• Budget liaison to the following departments - CEO, Human Resources, Finance & Accounting, Business Development, and Legal & Business Affairs and guide them in preparing their annual budgets and quarterly forecasts as well as working with them during the monthly close process to analyze their budget lines and determine items to accrue. Work with them in identifying risks/opportunities each forecast.
• Prepare the budgets and forecasts for all the rent lines for the Company and project all debt related costs. Prepare an analysis of risks and opportunities for all areas of responsibility including the departments before each forecast and as needed
• Prepare all related schedules for the balance sheet roll-forward.
• Prepare all related year-end schedules and analyses for the financial audit.
• Prepare the daily treasury reports, including the Daily Cash Flash. Invest any excess cash as determined by the Treasury Manager.
• Special Projects
Qualification Requirements 2 years of Public Accounting or 4 – 5 years of Corporate Accounting with experience in monthly financial close, budgeting and forecasting.
Detailed understanding of the financial statements and the Accounting theory.
Prior experience with SAP.
Strong communication skills (written & oral) and a team player.
Familiarity with GAAP pronouncements
Educational Requirements Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field
CPA Other Skills and Knowledge #LI-POST Company Overview:
A E Networks is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
At A E Networks, we are passionate about programming that brings human stories to life, knowing that it is in life itself that those stories originate. We are committed to empowering our people, strengthening our partnerships and engaging audiences across the globe. We're a global entertainment media company with six original brands: A&E®, HISTORY®, Lifetime®, H2®, FYI™ and LMN®. We reach 330 million people worldwide, can be found in eight out of 10 American homes and have 500 million digital users. The best part? We did it our way.
A E Networks, LLC. is a joint venture of Disney-ABC Television Group and Hearst Corporation.