Summer Intern - The Development Lab
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
Full Time Unpaid Internship
The Development Lab intern will be an integral member of this hands-on production unit
within A E Networks. Our team is responsible for internal development and production and
our intern will assist with tasks touching every area of our business, from brainstorming ideas,
helping to write treatments, assisting on shoots and assisting with administrative work.
• Attend and participate in development meetings/brainstorms
• Conduct research projects
• Curate weekly trend report to send to department
• Help as needed on current production
• Intern will perform summer long project in which they develop an idea and pitch it to oneof the programmers at the conclusion
of the summer.
• Assist with scheduling meetings for department executives
• Administrative duties (i.e. processing travel and expense reports, filing, ordering supplies and photocopying
• Assist with departmental wide organization projects Qualification Requirements Junior, senior or graduate students who are currently enrolled at an accredited college/university and legally eligible to work in the U.S. may apply. Should an opportunity be extended to you, you will be required to submit verification of your legal right to work in the U.S. at the time of your arrival. Student must have a demonstrated interest in the industry and/or specific area of interest (i.e., marketing), as exemplified through past work experience, internships and/or major course of study and preferably a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
Educational Requirements TBD Other Skills and Knowledge TBD Company Overview: A E Networks®, LLC. is an award-winning, global media content company offering consumers a diverse communications environment ranging from television networks to websites, gaming, watch apps and educational software as well as SVOD products, including first-to-market Apps such as HISTORY Vault and Lifetime Movie Club. A E Networks is comprised of A&E®, Lifetime®, History®, LMN®, FYI™, VICELAND, H2™, A E Studios™, History en Espanol™, Crime Investigation™, Military History™, Lifetime Real Women®, A&E IndieFilms®, A E Networks International®, A E Networks Digital® and A E Networks Consumer Products™. A E Networks channels and branded programming reach more than 335 million households in over 200 territories and 39 languages. A E Networks, LLC. is a joint venture of Disney-ABC Television Group and Hearst Corporation.
A E Networks is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans