Director, Technology Operations
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Providing exceptional vision and leadership, the Director, Technology Operations leads a team of IT professionals to coordinate, implement, maintain and continually improve IT data center systems, networks and technology support services for A E Networks. Reporting to the Senior Director of Production Support Services, the Director interacts with all areas of leadership in Information Technology to further refine, optimize, and transform technology services. This role is responsible for establishing operational excellence; service level agreements that align with business and technology strategies, developing staff, streamlining processes, maintaining efficient and high quality operations, managing budgets and managing service providers, vendors and contracts.
Program Management & Service Delivery:
• Drive service-level objectives, optimize operational activities and bring visibility into operations through analysis, trends and measurement in collaboration with vendors and service providers.
• Partner and interface with key stakeholders in the development, implementation and delivery of technology service objectives with our service providers, ensuring agreed upon objectives are planned and delivered.
• Apply operational oversight to processes and procedures, including any dependencies on vendors, service providers, various business contacts and/or internal stakeholders.
• Drive accountability of vendors and service providers; monitor performance on SLAs through regular review.
• Appropriately staff the technology operations team to achieve and maintain operational stability; manage on-demand resources to ensure the right staff is in place during peak periods.
• Ensure operational service gaps are corrected in a timely manner and acceptable to the business.
• Oversee contract negotiations from vendors and service providers, define statements of work, negotiate costs and value-add services, identify optimal SLAs, and ensure vendor timelines are adequate to ensure all aspects of technology operations requirements and performance standards are met.
• Enable and ensure 24x7x365 coverage across all global offices, for data center technology services, as well as cloud-enabled solutions and be available to assist in live site support and incident management and resolution as needed.
Operations & Administration:
• Actively participate in the daily operational activities/provide day-to-day support, proactive maintenance, and perform independent and complex system troubleshooting.
• Oversee the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, documentation and support of high quality, reliable IT systems and services.
• Respond to and promptly resolve unplanned outages through mitigation efforts to ensure the highest levels of adherence to standards and service level agreements.
• Coordinate and oversee root cause analysis efforts and recommend long-term solutions and risk reduction plans.
• Communicate to key stakeholder's important information about system maintenance, changes, events, and addresses concerns regarding any aspect of the services.
• Oversee and audit technical documents (standard operating procedures, workflows, root cause analysis, etc), presentations, briefings, white papers and other deliverables as required.
• Formulate and establish best practices and standards for the enterprise environment that compliments A E global growth, and uses the best of hybrid and cloud solutions and services.
• Proactively anticipate, prevent and eliminate problems and risks by identifying and creating efficient fixes for any security risks, patches/vulnerabilities, etc.
• Work cross-functionally and interact with internal and external peers and managers to exchange complex information related to areas of specialization.
• Utilize expertise and technical knowledge to identify problematic areas and optimize existing environment (to include capacity and performance issues) to ensure uninterrupted service.
• Utilize strong technical problem solving and analytic skills to isolate problems, recommend and implement solutions for technology services across the enterprise that includes all regional and global offices.
• Exercise deep knowledge of the practices and principles of systems analysis, planning, design, and problem resolution.
• Participate in the development of the strategic technology plan, processes and solutions, recommending strategies and processes that support operational effectiveness.
• Ensure standardized, mature change management and release management processes and automation deployment and maintenance procedures.
• 10 years of experience managing complex and diverse technology operations and teams, with at least 5 years involving delivery of infrastructure design and operational excellence.
• Proven experience managing globally distributed teams and resources where systems availability and quality are a priority
• Deep expertise and technically competent in two or more of the following technology domains, but fluent in all technology domains. (server, network, database and data systems, cloud, virtualization, storage/backup, collaboration/messaging, identity and access management)
• Demonstrated track record of leading a team where customer experience was a priority. Advanced interpersonal skills to engage with peers, customers and senior management to achieve excellent partnership and results.
• Passion for improving complex geo-distributed systems, people, and processes
• Exceptional organizational and project management skills, including the ability to plan, schedule, and successfully carry out multiple projects at the same time to successful conclusion.
• Exceptional knowledge and success with service definition and delivery.
• Experienced in incident and problem management, root cause analysis, system performance, capacity and availability, release and deployment, operational readiness, capacity/availability management, service analytics and reporting, production governance, triage, application development support, change and configuration management
• Ability to research and troubleshoot IT issues and products and present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
• Highly self-motivated, self-directed, and attentive to detail with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Strong situational analysis, decision making and critical thinking
• Knowledge of core enterprise IT infrastructure services and support
• Demonstrated ability to perform vendor management and contract negotiations
• Experienced developing, tracking and reporting SLAs and relevant metrics (e.g., capacity, productivity, progress, quality)
• Be well versed in a variety of current techniques, tools, frameworks and technologies relevant to IT Service Management.
• Experienced with implementation of automated processes, including provisioning, application and patch management, monitoring and alerting, capacity monitoring and planning.
• Progressive thought leader focused on ITIL CSI model, continual service enablement and optimization, and leading technology transformations highly desired.
• Experience establishing a culture of high performance, transparency and continuous improvement
• Ability to display initiative, to work independently and use extensive independent judgment.
• Excellent written, oral, and inter
At A E Networks, we are passionate about programming that brings human stories to life, knowing that it is in life itself that those stories originate. We are committed to empowering our people, strengthening our partnerships and engaging audiences across the globe. We're a global entertainment media company with six original brands: A&E®, HISTORY®, Lifetime®, H2®, FYI™ and LMN®. We reach 330 million people worldwide, can be found in eight out of 10 American homes and have 500 million digital users. The best part? We did it our way.
A E Networks, LLC. is a joint venture of Disney-ABC Television Group and Hearst Corporation.