Director, Paid Social Media
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
Full Time Job
A E Networks has an exciting opportunity at its NY headquarters for a Director, Paid Social Media. The position is responsible for developing and managing all paid social media campaigns in an effort to drive engagement and increase visibility of our series across the company portfolio. The individual will provide strategic direction and leadership within the Performance Marketing Group to deliver the most effective and innovative marketing plans as well as manage the career paths of supporting social staff.
• Responsible for translating overall marketing strategy to actionable social strategy
• Identify opportunities to drive campaign performance through paid social media support
• Lead RFP and facilitate high value social campaigns for all paid social media initiatives across Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, YouTube, Reddit, and emerging platforms with an emphasis on innovation and ROI
• Deep understanding of social media analytics and the ability to pivot strategically based on performance
• Act as a liaison between Marketing, Ad Sales, Social, Brand Creative, and social agencies for asset gathering and strategizing
• Track performance and benchmarks of activations, sharing relevant information with internal teams as requested
• Continually seek innovative and breakthrough ideas, approaches and solutions
• Drive forward campaign strategies and research potential marketing channels, analyze competitors, and adopt a robust test & learn approach
• Provide direction for the paid social department and lead the associated direct reports in their work duties
• 5 – 8 years of digital media planning experience, with strong preference for specialization in entertainment marketing or social
• Demonstrate sharp, critical thinking and effective problem solving skills
• Ability to work within and effectively manage a team, prioritizing and organizing multiple assignments for both self and team direct reports
• Extremely detail-oriented, with clear and proven track record of cross functional collaboration
• Pervasive positive attitude despite the challenges of juggling multiple projects and personalities
Educational Requirements Bachelor' Degree, concentration in advertising, marketing, business administration, and/or communications preferred Other Skills and Knowledge TBD Company Overview: At A E Networks, we are passionate about programming that brings human stories to life, knowing that it is in life itself that those stories originate. We are committed to empowering our people, strengthening our partnerships and engaging audiences across the globe. We're a global entertainment media company with six original brands: A&E®, HISTORY®, Lifetime®, Viceland and LMN. We reach 330 million people worldwide and can be found in eight out of 10 American homes with 500 million digital users. The best part.
We did it our way! A E Networks is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans.