Director, Distribution Research And Advanced Measurement Solutions
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
Full Time Job
This position is responsible for providing actionable insights to the Distribution team from the plethora of data in the marketplace with the end-goal of maximizing AETN subscribers across MVPDs, VMVPDs, SVOD and other platforms. The person in this newly created role will work with the VP, Distribution Research and the Distribution Sales Team in creating strategies during the negotiation of renewals and new deals with providers.
• Identify and evaluate new distribution opportunities; review ideas with VP, Distribution Research; and then pitching it to Distribution Sales Management.
• Work with the VP and Senior Director of Distribution Research on third-party data-sets from MVPDs such as Altice and Comcast to develop projects, test hypotheses and formulate analyses that answer key business questions from programming, ad sales, distribution and digital.
• Utilize various tools (i.e. Mediamorph) that will help to disseminate the most important parts of the data, pull out key pieces of information, and set best-practices that will prove to be beneficial to the business.
• Evaluate the quality of the data from trusted sources that cover MVPDs, VMVPDs, SVOD, TV Everywhere, and Social Media, etc. Determine which data sets are best-suited to answer specific business questions and to use for projects.
• Develop and produce data driven revenue models for A E Networks' video platforms with the goal of providing analysis that will help Distribution Management to make smarter business decisions.
• Work with Senior Director of Distribution Research, with input from other areas (e.g. Finance, Ad Sales, Distribution, etc.) to discover the potential revenue each platform can deliver. With this collective knowledge, construct cost/value analysis of each service.
Qualification Requirements Working knowledge of research systems related to linear TV, Digital, and other emerging platforms. Experience with TV and multiplatform research software (e.g. Nielsen, Rentrak, Omniture, FreeWheel, Comscore, Symphony, etc.), plus knowledge of relevant metrics and how they compare to each other.
Expertise in data base management
High level of expertise in MS suite (Excel, PowerPoint), programs that allow quick manipulation of data.
Previous media experience
7 years of previous analytics experience
Previous experience in ad supported cable landscape; prior work with cable distributors, or brand research with heavy quantitative background.
Work within a team. Needs to be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment. Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills (verbal, written, listening), including ability to present research both orally and in writing.
Educational Requirements 4 yr. college graduate (degree in Math, Media, Computer Science or Statistics preferred) Other Skills and Knowledge #LI-POST Company Overview:
A E Networks is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
At A E Networks, we are passionate about programming that brings human stories to life, knowing that it is in life itself that those stories originate. We are committed to empowering our people, strengthening our partnerships and engaging audiences across the globe. We're a global entertainment media company with six original brands: A&E®, HISTORY®, Lifetime®, H2®, FYI™ and LMN®. We reach 330 million people worldwide, can be found in eight out of 10 American homes and have 500 million digital users. The best part? We did it our way.
A E Networks, LLC. is a joint venture of Disney-ABC Television Group and Hearst Corporation.