Director, Digital Analytics
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Oversee reporting and analysis for A E Networks' portfolio of Digital products, including websites, mobile apps and connected device apps across A&E, HISTORY, LIFETIME, FYI, LMN, BIOGRAPHY and emerging digital brands. This role presents a unique opportunity for the right candidate to acquire hands-on ownership of the digital analytics stack and deliver insights to stakeholders in Product, Editorial, Design, UX, Tech, Marketing, Sales, Scheduling, Programming, Social, Ad Ops & Research teams. Leveraging behavioral analyses, A/B testing, and the visualization of KPIs, this individual will drive growth in A E's Digital business by delivery recommendations that influence content, product and distribution strategy across the organization.
• Use Adobe Analytics (Omniture) to create and maintain recurring reports and dashboards for all stakeholders
• Lead a team of analysts, both onshore and offshore, serving as a mentor and helping prioritize workflow, projects and primary goals
• Field ad hoc requests, present findings and proactively deliver recommendations that inform strategy. Synthesis large data sets into digestible takeaways that drive action.
• Analyze new product features, consumer behaviors and customer journey (pathing) to inform UI enhancements, content strategy (both video and editorial), platform expansion and viewership optimization
• Partner with product team on A/B testing – leading the efforts across the full product cycle of a test – ideation, hypothesis, implementation and analysis
• Strengthen relationships with vendors of measurement products, evaluate new tools and products to augment existing capabilities and manage contract negotiations
• Oversee annual budget across a variety of vendors, products and teams
• Maintain data quality assurance by looking for anomalies, incorrect/missing data or tagging issues in Adobe and other analytic systems
• Forecast inventory availability and ad load factors for use by ad sales and revenue teams to optimize potential revenue
• Evangelize the benefits of data-driven decision-making across the organization, educating key stakeholders about trends in digital analytics
• World-class Adobe Analytics (Omniture) skills, including 5 years' experience analyzing video data sets
• Extensive experience with app analytics across both mobile platforms (iOS, Android) and connected device platforms (Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, Chromecast, Playstation, Roku, Xbox, Smart TV apps), specifically focusing on longform and shorform video viewing
• 3 years' experience with A/B and multivariate testing products (Optimizely, Adobe Target, etc), heatmapping tools (Crazy Egg, Clicktale, etc.) and real-time measurement (Chartbeat, Parse.ly)
• Exceptional Excel skills, including the ability to mine large data stats for trends; combining and manipulating data from multiple platforms and sources
• Advanced PowerPoint skills, with a talent for visualizing data sets and communicating analytic findings to both creative stakeholders and data-savvy colleagues
• Phenomenal attention to detail, accompanied by a gut ability to detect anomalies and diagnose analytic issues in a fast-paced environment
• Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, specifically with respect to summarizing key findings amidst an array of potential insights
• Passion for both digital media and digital technology
• BA or BS (4 year degree) in Mathematics, Business, Economics, or Statistics preferred
• 1 year analyzing data collected via the Adobe Video Heartbeat Library (VHL)
• Knowledge of SQL, Tableau or other statistical querying tools
• Basic knowledge of Tealium IQ or similar tag management systems
• Savvy with respect to the technical concepts and workflows that underpin digital analytics, such as debugging tools (Charles or Firebug), connection proxying, first- vs third-party cookies, data encryption, content management systems, etc.
This is a full time staff position based in A E Networks' New York, NY office.
Educational Requirements TBD Other Skills and Knowledge #LI-POST Company Overview: A E Networks®, LLC. is an award-winning, global media content company offering consumers a diverse communications environment ranging from television networks to websites, gaming, watch apps and educational software as well as SVOD products, including first-to-market Apps such as HISTORY Vault and Lifetime Movie Club. A E Networks is comprised of A&E®, Lifetime®, History®, LMN®, FYI™, VICELAND, H2™, A E Studios™, History en Espanol™, Crime Investigation™, Military History™, Lifetime Real Women®, A&E IndieFilms®, A E Networks International®, A E Networks Digital® and A E Networks Consumer Products™. A E Networks channels and branded programming reach more than 335 million households in over 200 territories and 39 languages. A E Networks, LLC. is a joint venture of Disney-ABC Television Group and Hearst Corporation.
A E Networks is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans