Analyst / Sr. Analyst, Content Insights
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Summary of Position:
The role is to support the VP and SVP of A E Networks Insights Group in cultivating content-led insights via the analysis of consumer and viewer trends both historical and current. Individual must be inspired to be an active participant and crave the ability to form a strong POV. Further, person should be a creative thinker who wants to not just interpret data and results, but also help form and design studies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Collaborate in the design of primary research studies that seek to understand tune-in drivers, program longevity, format appeal, and other aspects of content engagement.
• Develop a POV via data-driven insights that seeks to understand the complex relationship persons have with content. Understand the differences per age groups, across lifespan, per socio-economic conditions, along with other factors.
• Examine primary and secondary research sources in order to bring to life nuanced and detailed findings re: content motivators.
• Have an understanding of format popularities across time and Internationally.
• Link insights to overarching Marketing strategies that aim to deepen the relationship consumers have with A E Networks content across platforms.
• Understand how content affinity differs per platform, and devise means for A E Networks to capitalize upon each.
• Leverage social media listening; have a keen understanding of the marketplace and data sets being applied.
• Aid in transforming research provided by suppliers into presentations that come to life and make an impact.
• Transform data into dynamic presentations that can be interpreted by persons unfamiliar with audience terminology.
• Pivot from working independently to collaborating closely with a dynamic team.
• Excellent project management skills are essential, not only for their own responsibilities but also in helping Senior leaders charge through department goals.
Qualification Requirements Experience Required:
• Planning, fielding, and managing research projects from inception to conclusion. This includes survey design, interfacing with partners, and constructively reviewing results.
• Compiling, analyzing and interpreting information from various research sources (i.e. syndicated, primary, social listening, etc.)
• Ability to design create online custom research, including questionnaire development and providing data quality checks.
• Demonstrated ability to work with Marketing or Programming Executives.
• Strong media foundation.
• 5-9 years of e experience in qualitative and quantitative research methodologies and techniques.
• Bachelor's degree required; masters or graduate degree highly desirable.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Experience with linear, digital, and social data sets. Strong knowledge of Nielsen and related software systems required i.e.: Nielsen Suite (e.g. NPower, Arianna, Star Trak), MRI, MRI Fusion.
• Highly organized; able to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
• Experience with various research methodologies and tools and a keen understanding of when each is applicable.
• Passionate about content, excited about the world of research, and infused with an entrepreneurial spirit.
• Will never deliver a ''data dump'' and will always want to move on to the next exciting project.
Educational Requirements TBD Other Skills and Knowledge #LI-POST Company Overview: A E Networks®, LLC. is an award-winning, global media content company offering consumers a diverse communications environment ranging from television networks to websites, gaming, watch apps and educational software as well as SVOD products, including first-to-market Apps such as HISTORY Vault and Lifetime Movie Club. A E Networks is comprised of A&E®, Lifetime®, History®, LMN®, FYI™, VICELAND, H2™, A E Studios™, History en Espanol™, Crime Investigation™, Military History™, Lifetime Real Women®, A&E IndieFilms®, A E Networks International®, A E Networks Digital® and A E Networks Consumer Products™. A E Networks channels and branded programming reach more than 335 million households in over 200 territories and 39 languages. A E Networks, LLC. is a joint venture of Disney-ABC Television Group and Hearst Corporation.
A E Networks is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans