Freelance Receptionist / Office Manager
1st Ave MachineBrooklyn, NY
1stAveMachine is a production company partnering with ad agencies and brands. We create video, digital and experiential content from TV, print, web, and mobile; all with a unified singular vision: to tell stories to share.
We are looking for a receptionist who is confident of their skill-set at the front desk, as well as having extraordinary hospitality skills. Although most of the duty is clerical, hospitality and client services is essential as you would create the first impression of our company to all outside sources, and set the initial tone of our studio. You will be the liaison between our clients and the company.
The ideal person will be reliable, welcoming, organized, observant, personable, punctual, respectful, and professional while having a fantastic set of client and customer service skills. The ability to interact with clients and employees in a professional and warm manner is a necessity and our highest priority. The receptionist also has to be able to pay strong attention to details, work in a fast-paced environment, multi-task, work as a part of a team, and have welcoming telephone demeanor. An understanding of post production would be an advantage, but is not essential.
Your main objective will be to make everyone including callers, guests, clients, and employees feel welcomed and comfortable. Take a special priority to learn names, faces, and create appropriate conversation to make their visit rememberable.
- Answer and redirect calls confidently and welcomingly
- Maintain the phone lines to be fully functioning at all times
- Deliver incoming courier packages to appropriate staff
- Call, reserve and log car services and messenger services when needed
- Warmly greet and immediately connect clients and guests to appropriate staff member
- Make sure printers are functioning and always stocked
- Constantly make sure coffee is brewed and available on both sides
- Order lunches for Executive Producers
- Arrival time 9:30am
- Brew coffee, unload dishwashers, water plants, fill glass water bottles
- Occasionally order breakfast for the Executive Procedures
- Lock elevator upon departure at 7PM
- Occasional beer, wine, or food orderings
- Appropriately answer phones before the third ring with a welcoming tone and vibe
- Be able to properly transfer calls to extensions and cell phones quickly and efficiently
- Execute phone procedures properly and rapidly
- Take messages when call is missed and promptly notify staff members accordingly
- Become acquainted with regular callers
- Know the voicemail and online phone system
- Upkeep hold music, after hour messages, and holiday greeting messages
- Ensure phone lines are properly functioning throughout the day
- Be the primary contact with the phone company
- Buzz guests in when buzz-in door rings
- Know how to operate all printers
- Know how to access our server
- Keep track of the occupancy of the conference rooms and Edit Suites
- Fax, copy and scan documents when requested
- Track all credit card and cash expenses made by or delegated by you
- Maintain the tidiness of the reception desk
- Keep computer and paperwork organized and tidy
- Send lunch menus to appropriate staff including Executive Producers
- Plate and bring lunch deliveries to appropriate staff
- Sign for and deliver all incoming mail and courier packages accordingly
- Place pick up and drop off calls for messenger service needs
- Call and log all car service requests
- Aid the office manager with any given responsibilities
- Execute any tasks employees or clients ask appropriately
- Inform staff when clients and visitors arrive
Client Services Duties
- Occasionally aid the office manager with client services
- Place lunch orders for clients
- Place and occasionally pick up client coffee-run orders
Please note that this is a freelance position. If hired, we will train you for the position and call you in on an on need basis.
Please send resumes and cover letters if you're interested - Thank you!
Day Rate: $150
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online