Wild CardCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
The Assistant Editor is responsible for preparing and organizing projects materials through all stages of the digital, non-linear video editing process; supporting editors, producers, coordinators and the finishing team of a marketing post production company.
In addition, the AE is responsible for finishing tasks such as creating and overcutting picture with approved sources. This requires an eye for detail, a basic knowledge of the finishing process, what kind of unapproved sources to look out for, and the ability to troubleshoot delivery problems, or to notify the finisher of any arising issues.
• Organization of folder structures, proper naming schemes, etc. of all digitalized footage kept on shared area network storage.
• Digitizing, compressing & converting footage for offline editorial use.
• Logging any pertinent information in FCP.
• Creation & organization of offline projects for editors.
• Dialogue Cheats
• Feature Breakdowns
• Create Bins, Organize Media
• Back Up Media, Media Management, Asset Delivery
• Help producers to revise edits for new versions.
• Create EDLs, EDLs, OMFs, AutoDucks, and unmatted reference quicktimes
• Perform administrative tasks including: maintaining Asset tracking documents; creating spreadsheets and presentations, and liaising with other departments.
Job Related Qualification Standards
• 1 Years of Professional Editorial/Assistant Editor Experience preferred.
• Extensive knowledge of Final Cut Pro 7
• Understanding of shared area network storage (ISIS/Unity/XSAN)
• Understanding of HD/SD formats, file and tape based deliveries
• Understanding of frame rates, conversions, & Codecs
• Ability to communicate successfully with others
• Ability to prioritize, juggle multiple tasks, take direction, and give direction
• Must be very detailed oriented.
• Must be prompt with the ability to respond and prioritize quickly
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including written, verbal, and listening.
• Must be able to communicate at various levels, appropriate to the audience.
• Excellent multi-tasking abilities. Must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• The candidate must be an exceptional problem solver.
• Self-motivated and driven.
• Levelheaded, calm and functions well under stress.
• Flexibility in competently juggling competing priorities and changing expectations.
Additional qualifications for the perfect candidate:
• Ability to work overtime with little or no notice
• Interest in movies and television a plus
• Photoshop and After Effects skills a plus
• Discrete, especially when entrusted with handling unreleased feature film materials
• Long term interest in editing and becoming a valued member of our team
In order to adjust to changes in our business, it may become necessary to add, remove or modify certain duties and responsibilities, or to reassign you to another job position. From time to time you may be asked to work on special projects or to assist with other work. Your cooperation and assistance in performing such additional work is expected.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online