Technical Account Manager
WideOrbitNew York, NY
Full Time Job
As a Technical Account Managers (TAM), you will be responsible for building and maintaining relationships with WideOrbit's largest and most complex customers, focusing both on pro-active services and reactive support. Your technical abilities will be critical in identifying solutions, troubleshooting issues, and answering technical questions as they arise. The TAM will develop and maintain a working knowledge of the technical architecture and business requirements of the assigned customers. By maintaining a long-term relationship with the customers, a TAM gains an understanding of each customer's overall business, goals, and technical requirements and will become a trusted resource to address customer requirements. This position requires a strong technical background, excellent client and project management skills, proven ability to understand various technical workflows when needed. A successful candidate must be action oriented and able to communicate clearly and effectively to both technical and business audiences at multiple levels.
Here is what you'll be doing:
- Builds and grows relationships with both technical staff and senior management from the customer team.
- Drives and tracks customer escalations, including partnering with the Account Management, Support, Product Management, and Sustaining Engineering teams.
- Ensures that all cases opened for their accounts are being actively worked and progressing towards an expeditious resolution.
- Diligently does the on boarding of new accounts
- Partners closely with product management to ensure that customer requirements are logged and appropriately prioritized and also ensure that future product direction aligns with customer road map.
- Actively contributes and leverages standards and best practices, staying current on both the technology and product fronts.
- Contributes to the knowledgebase on lessons learned and unique issues experienced for any of the accounts.
- Travel may be needed up to 30 percent of the time.
- Acts as single point of contact for all technical support requirements as they pertain to the assigned customers' environment
- Ensure effective ownership, communication, coordination, and facilitation of support service activities between the customer and support teams, product management and account teams
- Direct the delivery of customer technical services to achieve high customer satisfaction and trust
Here is what we're looking for:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or equivalent experience.
- IT business process skills and certifications (PMP, ITIL, Six Sigma, etc.) are preferred.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills appropriate to both technical and management clients, including effective interaction with senior executive to C-level personnel
- Strong organizational skills with an ability to manage competing client demands, multiple priorities, commitments and projects.
- Strong analytical skills regarding technical and project management issues
- Client server applications with knowledge of network and hardware infrastructure
- High level understanding of Citrix
- 5+ years of experience in a ''customer facing'' environment such as sales, technical consulting or enterprise customer support.
- Ability to troubleshoot technical issues at a high level to determine appropriate path to resolution.
- Exemplary customer service attitude with business development and customer relationship management experience.
- Ability to facilitate and harness cross-team collaboration working with teams in person and virtually.
This position will be based in our New York office.
Compensation, Benefits and Perks:
Besides a competitive salary and great work environment, here are some of our additional benefits and perks:
Health insurance, options, sabbatical leaves, great vacation package, work/life balance, life event benefits, casual work attire, snacks and coffee in the café, and plenty of opportunities to grow!
WideOrbit is an Equal Opportunity Employer and hires are made without regard to any individual's race, age, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, religion, marital status or domestic partnership; pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions; other medical conditions or genetic characteristic; sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or transgender status; or any other basis protected by state, federal or local law, regulation or ordinance.
Compensation, Benefits and Perks: Besides a competitive salary and great work environment, here are some of our additional benefits and perks: Health insurance, options, sabbatical leaves, great vacation package, work/life balance, life event benefits, casual work attire, snacks and coffee in the café, and plenty of opportunities to grow!
WideOrbit is the leading provider of advertising management technology for cable networks, local television stations and radio stations. More than 3,200 broadcasters and networks leverage WideOrbit solutions to streamline operations, maximize revenue from traditional, digital and programmatic channels, and extend their business across distribution platforms. Our clients include Entercom Communications, Entravision Communications Corporation, Gray Television, Inc., Meredith Corporation, NBCUniversal, The E.W. Scripps Co. and Tribune Media. WideOrbit is headquartered in San Francisco with offices across the United States as well as in London, Paris and Gothenburg, Sweden.