Winter Intern - Digital Video
Whalerock IndustriesWest Hollywood, CA
Full Time Paid Internship
Don’t spend your semester at your typical run of the mill internship, running errands and getting coffee for your team. Come feed your curiosity and learn what it takes to succeed in the media and digital landscape at Whalerock Industries! At Whalerock Industries, we’re a powerhouse of innovative minds that are continuing to go beyond to break barriers of traditional media from unscripted television to digital content.
Are you eager to learn? Always wanting to be ahead of the game? A team player? Love working with a camera and making short films? Bursting at the seams with creative idea for shoots? Yes to all these questions? Well, Whalerock Industries is looking for students like you to help work on our digital video production projects this Winter 2017! Our internship program runs from 1/23/17 through 4/28/17. It’s a paid internship and students will work 2 days a week (16 hours total).
The ideal digital video production intern…
• Help create video content for our brands such as wonderwall, Mom.me, Purple Clover and more.
• Assist in studio and field video shoots and create finished pieces in Final Cut
• Learn about the development process first hand
• Work with multiple television networks and media outlets
• Be submerged in a fast-paced environment and be ready to switch gears at a moment’s notice
• Collaborate with other interns across departments to present a final project to the leadership team
• Be included in Lunch and Learns- opportunities to grab a bite and pick the brains of the leadership team
• A team player
• Full of creative ideas
• Ready to take an idea from fruition to filming to post production
• Eager and familiar with ingesting footage, exporting and compression
• Interested in the Internet and Digital industry
• Willing to take direction and see assignments through completion in a timely manner
• A strong working knowledge of Final Cut Pro
• Photoshop and After Effects experience
• Availability to work onsite in our West Hollywood office two full 8 hour days a week (16 hours total) from 1/23/17 through 4/28/17.
To be considered for this opportunity, we MUST receive all of the following from you:
• Cover statement telling us why you are the BEST candidate for our internship
• Detailed availability for Winter 2017 (Jan- April) in Los Angeles